cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gp1954
Beginner
Message 81 of 88

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released today (version 1.02.06 Build 12)

Yes

I did all that, after a lot of work, only to find that the internet connection is still unstable through the home wifi hub, on other systems it is stable.

I have found reference somewhere that it is not compatible with the Hub5 router I have, although this was never declared when I bought it and it worked fine until yesterday!

Obviously something is linked with the latest firmware update.

Anyhow, I have disconnected everything and am now running back on the Hub 5 with repeaters and waiting for BT to respond to my email requesting assistance as it seems the helpline does not answer.

0 Ratings
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 82 of 88

I stopped using BT hubs years ago and switched to a TPLink router and my WiFi has been much better. Has always worked well with the Wholehome system through 4 different firmware updates so been lucky
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 83 of 88

@gp1954 wrote:

I have found reference somewhere that it is not compatible with the Hub5 router I have, although this was never declared when I bought it and it worked fine until yesterday!

I would suspect its more to do with the way all the home hubs retain connection information.

If you did a factory reset of the home hub, then turned off smart setup, you may find things start working again.

0 Ratings
gp1954
Beginner
Message 84 of 88

Interestingly the internet connection through the home hub seems more stable today so I am going to try again to reconnect everything.

Maybe it needed a day or two to stabilise, if so I wish someone would have told me!

0 Ratings
buntab
Beginner
Message 85 of 88

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released 26-11-18 (version 1.02.06 Build 12)

Hi I'm stuck on firmware v1.02.01 build22

The web interface will not do a search for an update and the app can't see the network. 

It's been like that for a long time, but just getting around to doing something about it.

Where can I find the latest firmware file so I can do a manual update via the web interface?

thanks

Andrew 

0 Ratings
mralexbarr
Message 86 of 88

Since this update the connection between my two discs has been much better. 

However, all of my Google Home devices have disappeared from the network - I cannot see them in the Google Home app, Spotify, etc. etc. I have factory reset my BT hub, both Whole Home discs and all of the Google Home devices, but still the problem remains. I have also tried disabling steering which did nothing. 

Can someone please advise on what to try next? I did not have this problem until the most recent firmware update. 

0 Ratings
GavinThIn
Message 87 of 88

Everything is working perfectly. Disc connectivity stable. All devices auto connecting to correct discs. Perfect.
0 Ratings
gp1954
Beginner
Message 88 of 88

Me too now, the system obviously needed some time to stabilise after installing the firmware update.

Actually I am very happy with the improved coverage I now get with this system and have now added more smart devices in areas where previously I could not due to lack of signal.

It also even works outside the house and I have smart control of external lights and even Amazon Echo in my workshop, all in all very successfull, I just wish someone had warned me about the update.

I have now switched auto update off so I have some control.

0 Ratings