cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iftik1
Message 21 of 56

Re: New Whole Home Wi-Fi Firmware released today (version 1.02.06 Build 12)

I have got 4 discs all have been working fine until this update. Now had no wifi for 4 weeks and am at the end of my tether. Abysmal custoner service total lack of communication.

I have emailed BT several times sent data logs as requested , tried ringing them numerous time just being fobbed off completely.  They are looking into it, its with second line, they 3rd party providers have sent to BT engineers, someon will contact me back. Finally was given a number today to get an exchange only to be put through to someone else who didbt recognise the number.

Can anyone give me any advice on what to do.

Do I claim for a faulty product and poor service and ask for a full refund and compensation for all the hassle caused.

I have got copies of all the email correspondance.

0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 56

New problem for me in the last 24, and devices upgraded 2 days ago!

My laptops and ios devices now can't see my printer.

The printer is connected directly to the Smart Hub whereas my devices are on the mesh.

This has worked without fail until today.

Have been resetting everything for hours, just tried putting the printer on the mesh, and it worked! Problem is, the office has poor mesh coverage.

Can't work out why my mesh devices can't see the printer when attached directly to the router.

Any thoughts please?

0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 56

Just to add to my own comment above, it's worse than I thought!

Not only do I now have to be on the same SSID as the printer for the laptop or iphone to see the printer as being online, but if using the WholeHome disc SSID, have to be connected to the exact same disc.

This is really frustrating!

Hoping I'm not going to have to invest in yet another long ethernet cable!

0 Ratings
Breadmaker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 56

@Welshdoc

How is your printer conected, via WiFi or Ethernet?

I have had my HP printer conected via Ethernet to a smart hub previously and not had any issues. I recently had to move it and switched it onto the WH WiFi, again no issues. Are you by any chance connecting to the WiFi on the smart hub?
0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 56

Yes, it's been wifi to smart hub from the start.

Never had any connection issues until yesterday.

It's like it's on a different network unless I'm using exactly the same node!

Breadmaker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 56

That will probably be why. You should disable the WiFi on the hub and just use the WH WiFi. Can you connect the printer to the hub or WH via ethernet or via WiFi to the WH?
0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 56

Difficult to do as the discs are both ethernet to the hub and give poor signal (it is there and potentially doable) where the hub is located (next to the printer). 

Still doesn't explain why I have to be using the same disc of the Whole Home to be able to see the printer.

As we all know, it's not uncommon to have overlap of the signals (and of course is needed if not using ethernet backhaul) and hence have two neighbouring devices using different discs.

0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 56

Very long ethernet cable now going from SHub to printer, can now printer anywhere in the house from any WH disc, like I could before.

Now got a new problem, not sure if this is related to the new firmware, but, in two years of owning this Sony tv, the built in chromecast has now disappeared from my other devices.

Can't win.

0 Ratings
Breadmaker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 56

Glad the printer is sorted. Have you also disabled the WiFi on your Hub? If not you need to really as the WH is designed to replace it.

With regard your Chromecast. Do you mean an update to the TV firmware or the WHwifi?
0 Ratings
Welshdoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 56

I mean update to the WH.

Whilst I accept the printer is now working, using ethernet is a workaround and doesn't address the fact that the update to the WH has messed things up here.

I don't understand why turning off wifi on the router makes any difference.

They are using different channels, aren't physically close to each other, have one DHCP server from the router, same subnet (that we can see) and is hence just an extra access point with a different SSID?

0 Ratings