cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chalk_Da_Bomb
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Obtaining the extra Wi-Fi Disc(s) - From one to three.

Go to solution

Hello guys & girls,

I'm posting this in advance, maybe prematurely but i somehow doubt it...

Subject regards to: Complete Wi-Fi and Smart Hub 2 (black discs).

I've just ordered the new BT Hub 2 router which comes with the range booster disc (WIFI Disc), it mentions that you can have access to a further two of these discs should you have range issues Etc. Now, i know the lay of the land already and i know that ill need these extra discs, but they don't seem to give an option to request them.

Question: How do you request the further two Wi-Fi Discs?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Obtaining the extra Wi-Fi Disc(s) - From one to three.

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

From a post by a device expert.

Follow the steps on the Broadband troubleshooter and if you've still got wi-fi issues we'll send you an extra disc.  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9941/~/troubleshoot-bt-phone-and-broadband-faults (if the link doesn't work - search BT Troubleshooter / Call 0800 800 150 and our help team will support quickly)

0 Ratings
Chalk_Da_Bomb
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, the link doesn't appear to have a direct response to: WIFI Signal issues (closest is WIFI dropping out, but that's not weak signal, so therefore not relevant) & such pushes you to ringing them. Which is fine, i shall do that when i get the new set up if i have an issue with WIFI signal strength when getting further from the Router/Disc. Thankyou.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@Chalk_Da_Bomb wrote:

Thanks, the link doesn't appear to have a direct response to: WIFI Signal issues (closest is WIFI dropping out, but that's not weak signal, so therefore not relevant) & such pushes you to ringing them. Which is fine, i shall do that when i get the new set up if i have an issue with WIFI signal strength when getting further from the Router/Disc. Thankyou.

There are a lot of answers on the main thread, which you may find helpful.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Introducing-Complete-Wi-Fi-from-BT/td-p/1901302

jodom747
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

There is no link anywhere on the BT site that will allow you to order another disc.  The only way you can get one is to call 

0800 800 150

and speak to an advisor.  They will go through the test procedure to determine if you have any devices struggling to connect.  If they find that there are devices trying to connect on weak signals they’ll agree to send you another disc.

The good news about this is they have operators working 24/7 and (at least in my experience when calling at 05.30 one weekday morning) they answer quite quickly.  Also, another bonus, the disc apparently gets delivered within two to three working days. 

I hope this has been of some help.

d

RodoRod
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks

Thats the theory - the practice is not quite the same.

Having order complete wifi on renewal I explained that I had a big house with concret walls and with no signal in one of the bedrooms - was sent one disc and advised I just call up for another.

Installed the one disc as advised on the app - got a little signal - user the app - was advised the signal was weak - used the troubleshooter - still a weak signal - app says order a disc on line or call.

Could not find anywhere to order on line - so I called........

First time at 1pm advised all staff in a meeting to 3:15 pm and please call back - no-way I was going to do that as it would be too busy.

Left a couple of days and called - in a queue for 18 minutes then rang through to advisor who cut the line off before I could speak.

I stayed with BT because I did not want hassle of changing (and buying a mesh system) - meant to be easy - this is awful service and no doubt I will ow have more wasted time going through the same things I have already gone through when I call again...

This is an abysmal service.....

Sorry - really fed up with BT now.....

Why can they not put an order extra disc either in the app (which confirms the signal is weak) or on the website (which the app says to use) - especially when BT know how busy the call lines are?????

etherp
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Same here!

No idea why it is a secret how to order extra discs.  Our house has been extended several times so we are trying to beam signal through what used to be external walls.  Tried the 150 number - ended up on 0800 917 0093 - not a number that was in the 3 boxes the new Halo hardware arrived in, nor did it appear on the app.

10 minutes in queue.  Spoke briefly to an "advisor" - another 8 minutes on hold (what were they doing??? surely just need to tick a couple of boxes on an e-form their end).  Then got told can only have one extra now as they are in high demand.  So will have to call back again as have two rooms where signal doesn't stretch (as tested through the app)

We'll see what happens next.

Why can't we just oreder on line or via the app?  

PARKERTEK
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

The best way to get a disc ordered is to get them to call you.

quite simply:

send a text message to: 61998

HELP <and your landline phone number here>

(ignore the brackets!) 

Then you'll get a message saying they'll be back in touch shortly, usually within 15 minutes.

Then they'll carry out a line test through their network.

THEN

reply to the sms with the word ADVISOR

Then someone should call you back within 20 minutes providing its not a busy period.

I got all my extra discs this way and I've purchased 2 others. Please reply to this to tell me how you get on.

Thank you and I hope this helps.

0 Ratings