cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
speedf
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Oculus Quest and casting via Chromecast

Casting from an Oculus Quest to a Chromecast over the BT WholeHome system seems very flakey.  After a few minutes, the casting is lost.

I managed to do some more investigation and found that if I disable steering for both the Google Chromecast and Oculus quest and then disable 5GHz on the BT Whole home (using 2.4GHz device setup mode) then all is fine.  Unfortunately, the 2.4GHz setup mode only lasts 30 mins.  After that, the casting becomes unreliable again.

Anyone know how to restrict devices on the BT Wholehome to only be able to connect to the 2.4GHz radio? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
JohnC2
Message 2 of 7

Re: Oculus Quest and casting via Chromecast

Hi @speedf welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. As you didn’t get any responses I would suggest that you contact the product help and they will be able to help you further.
They can be contacted by phone: 0808 100 6116 (Mon to Fri 9am to 5.30pm and Sat 9am to 2pm. Or drop them an email: btconnectedhome@bt.com
Cheers
John

0 Ratings
speedf
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi @JohnC2.  As per my response to the previous question I raised on here.....

Based upon previous experience with the BT help team I doubt it they'd be able to assist, hence why I came onto the community forum.  BT help team is a bit of a misnomer .....

0 Ratings
ricflairandy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

did you get anywhere with this?Its astonishing that you cannot split the ssids on this setup.
0 Ratings
speedf
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Agreed.

I seem to have got things a little more stable by setting the BT Whole Home to not allow the Quest and Chromecast to move between disks.

0 Ratings
ricflairandy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

How did you do this?
0 Ratings
speedf
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Log into the web page for the BT Whole Home and then find the devices.  Untick the box next to the devices that says "steered"

0 Ratings