Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newagetraveller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Old Smarthub 6

Go to solution

My BT FTTC is due to go "live" on Monday next.

I am, until then, with Plusnet. I have been using a Smarthub 6 for my Plusnet connection by entering my PN details which works fine.

I have received an e-mail from BT advising that a new Smarthub has been sent out, as expected. However, I'd rather continue using the existing Smarthub rather than reconnect all the wifi devices to a new one.

In the e-mail it stated that an old Smarthub cannot be used, it will not work and the new one must be used.

Is this correct and if not how would I set up the old Smarthub to connect to the new BT FTTC?

Thnks in advance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Old Smarthub 6

Go to solution

You just need to change the username to bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
newagetraveller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for that. Is there a need for any sort of password too?
For Plusnet I have to enter my username and access pasword.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

No password needed for BT

Everything is generic as authentication is against phone number.

newagetraveller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks again.

Presumably this, from their e-mail, is incorrect? "If you're already using a BT Home Hub or another broadband router, it won't work with your new service, so you'll need to unplug it and use the new kit we're sending you instead."

I would have thought customers buy and use third party routers to use with BT fibre without any problems?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

many adsl routers are not capable to vdsl hence 'won't work' but any third part modem/router will work ok with BT FTTC

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings