cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benjibarnicals
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

One disc out of a tripple gen1 pack isn't turning on/no lights/no power drain - broken

Hi all,

I've got a brand new tripple pack gen1 bought through your BT Amazon store, though one disc just won't turn on, no power light, no power drain when I plug in the mains uk plug on a power meter etc, no noise or smells etc. All indications would indicate the unit is blown or damaged.

The other two discs are running fine, booted up fine, purple LED etc, whereas this broken one nothing.

How can I get this broken disc replaced?

Ben

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
benjibarnicals
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: One disc out of a tripple gen1 pack isn't turning on/no lights/no power drain - broken

Just to add a note, I spoke with BT, as it was purchased through BT's Amazon store BT themselves won't do anything about it, they said I would need to go direct to Amazon. However they were under the impression too that the disc was faulty/blown.

I contacted with Amazon and they offered either a discount (£34.38) or I would have to return all the items, they wouldn't allow for only returning the faulty disc nor would they send a replacement, I would have to return all 3, so I mentioned this isn't ideal as I would loose connectivity for more than likely a good couple of weeks, so opted for the discount. Which however does mean I'm still a disc down (two are working ok still).

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Re: One disc out of a tripple gen1 pack isn't turning on/no lights/no power drain - broken

The 3 year warranty is with the point of sale, however if over 12 months old Amazon like to reject, Great service Amazon... so if you have the original purchase receipt i.e. you are the first owner , contact the BT Helpdesk ask for help.
0 Ratings
benjibarnicals
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Hmmm... Thanks Inajr02 for your reply. BT washed their hands with it as it was done through Amazon (via the BT store on Amazon), they didn't want to take any action/responsibility, though if your saying although Amazon fulfilled it, BT are responsible on the terms of the guarantee, I'll give them another call (though the last too 30 mins on hold!). However if BT say, fine, return it, I can't go without having any of the discs, which is something I told Amazon, I need to have them here or there's no WiFi, Amazon wouldn't send out a replacement without getting all the discs (the whole package) sent back.

Is there anyone from BT here that could shed some more insight on my rights? Or getting a replacement disc without having to send back all my other two working discs?

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Email the Helpdesk on btconnectedhome@bt.com with proof of purchase if it's less than 3 years old they will help
0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 7

Hi benjibarnicals,

As a matter of curiosity, had you tried swapping the power lead with that of another disc to see if it is the disc itself that will not power on or if it is a defective PSU?

0 Ratings
benjibarnicals
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi Murry,

Yes that was one of the first things I tried, I also have a few mains socket power drain monitors so I checks on there, and there was no power draw, I've emailed the help desk, who have asked for my original invoice from Amazon and disc serial number, sent this over though not heard back yet.

Cheers,

Ben

0 Ratings