cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Ongoing issues with Home Hotspot 600

Hi,

We have had our hotpspot for about a month and keep having issues. I have spoken at length to two advisors but its still ongoing. initially the main hotspot had no data running through it and after many resets we managed to get it to work. However although everything seems in order it will drop out randomly and i get a "Limited Access" notification. i am wfh full time at the moment and this unreliability is extremely bad. There doesn't seem to be any issues with our broadband, its just the extender that is failing.

Any advice please? Help!

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: Ongoing issues with Home Hotspot 600

@LaurainLondon 

Which BT Home Hub are you using, or are you using a third party router?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 21

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

@LaurainLondon wrote:

Its a smart router from EE: https://www.digitalspy.com/tech/a32968180/ee-smart-wifi/

So is this a 4G mobile connection you are using on EE?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 21

1. Are either units running from an extension lead? if so plug them directly into the mains socket.

2. Are they connected to the same consumer unit? e.g. if one unit is in the house and the second is in an outbuilding with its own consumer unit then you will see failures.

In either case, there should be no need to reset either unit, simply power both units down for at least 30 seconds and they will pair with one another when you power them up again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

There are issues with the hotspot 600 and a few other devices, if your router`s default gateway is 192.168.1.1

That would be the same address as you would use to access your router from a web browser.

Is that the case with your EE router?

If that is the case, then there is a fix for this issue.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 21

Hiya,

Directly into the mains for both and both in the same house, just one floor apart - and pretty close to it as that was also an issue.

I dont know if the problem is the main adapter plugged into the router or the extender.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 21

@LaurainLondon wrote:

Hiya,

Directly into the mains for both and both in the same house, just one floor apart - and pretty close to it as that was also an issue.

I dont know if the problem is the main adapter plugged into the router or the extender.

See my comment concerning the router IP address, as that will be the most likely cause. I can explain why this causes a problem, and the changes you need to make to the hotspot settings.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 21

@LaurainLondonwrote:

I know what you mean, I used to use the same device myself but found it wasn't reliable enough for the application for which I was using it.

In the end I decided (rightly or wrongly) that this was due to one or other of the units going to sleep when the data transfer reduced to next to nothing and not waking up again when it increased, this usually happened overnight.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 21

Its different: http://192.168.1.254/

0 Ratings