cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 68

Re: Original Whole Home discs ethernet port

I get exactly the same when trying to connect Sky Q via wireless, hence the cabling into the BT units via a cable. It's not reliable either but more reliable than via WiFi. Sky Q for me is unusable via WiFi. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 68

Yes it’s really frustrating. When we had sky installed the engineer couldn’t get it to hold a connection to the Bt disc for more than a minute hence we had to relocate a disc near enough for Ethernet and it’s worked flawlessly for about 2 years. Now this happens and obviously the Ethernet isn’t currently working and we cant connect via WiFi. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 68

Hi My issue seems to be resolved. I found that manually setting the disc IP addresses seems to help. I believe it might be an IP conflict that is causing the issue as if I rebooted my router and left the whole home online it all worked perfectly once my router dished out new IP addresses. I think it's down to each disc having 3 interfaces but the router only ever used the 2.4ghz Mac to allocate addresses. 

I'll update but it's been solid for nearly a week now with the sky wired into the discs as it used to be. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 68

When you say manually setting the IP addresses for the discs is that via the Sky router web interface?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 68

I set them manually on BT whole home and to be sure I added a reservation for each on my router. Using the 2.4ghz Mac for each disc. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 68

I've tried all sorts with static IPs and playing around with my network to try and resolve but nothing I do make it work for me. I simply have to respond to a downed disc with various reboots and plugging and unplugging devices. I've also set the eco mode on each Sky box to Active after a suggestion on the Sky forum from someone said that if they are on an eco mode it can affect the networking. It hasn't made much difference in my environment.

Sky Q/Sky Q Mini boxes are definitely more likely to cause a down disc but I do have the same problem with my main disc which is directly plugged into the router. When it goes down, the whole network goes down.

I see BT have posted an update today on the issue with connecting via wifi as a workaround. I'm currently using ethernet as a workaround to the issue with them not connecting via wifi. Ethernet for me is far more reliable than wifi; wifi is basically unusable all the time for Sky Q.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 68

Also, to clarify, none of my Sky Q boxes are running on the very latest Q120 software which is the suggested cause of the problem in the pinned forum post today. Mine are running on Q112.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 68

So does that mean it’s something other than the new Sky update that has broken it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 29 of 68

My disks were working fine with Q minis plugged in via Ethernet until Sky updated my kit to Q120.  This has been confirmed by Sky who could see this at their end, so in my case this seems to be root cause of my issues.  I do have an early V1 box which had incidentally locked up twice in one week since the upgrade happened, so I don’t know if this V1 box is the cause of my issues, but the fact remains that since Q120 was pushed to my Q kit the disks have become unstable using minis and Ethernet into the disks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 68

All my sky boxes ARE running 120. So I guess it's either a different issue or my static IP system has worked. 

Either way it isn't working plug and plug like it should. 

Discs have been online for over 7 days now with no issues since setting my IP addresses manually outside the DHCP range on my router. 

0 Ratings