cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 68

Re: Original Whole Home discs ethernet port

My minis are plugged in via ethernet on the discs. 

The main sky box is cabled in - it always has been. 

Sorry I can't be of more help. As sky and bt seem to be aware hopefully it'll be fixed soon. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 52 of 68

Out of interest, what versions of the Q main boxes do you have? Mine’s a V1 2TB.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 68

Yes v1 2tb 

I did have the ER115 Sky router but changed it almost immediately when I got it - the BT whole home has always run on my new router. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 54 of 68

Hmmm, maybe the router is the culprit. I can’t test changing it as I don’t have another to switch too, unfortunately.

Wonder if the router firmware was also changed at the same time? Occasionally a router fw has preceded a Q fw update, but I don’t know this time.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 68

Unfortunately, due to the increased unreliability with Sky Q both over ethernet and WiFi connections, I've replaced my BT Whole Home system.

Now working from home the reliability is even more important and this system hasn't been giving me stability for several months now. The straw that broke the camel's back was over the weekend where it took me almost an hour to get all my discs connecting properly again after 3 decided to switch to ethernet back haul at the same time. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 68

What have you replaced it with?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 68

I've gone for the Asus Zenwifi XT8. Not had it long enough to comment yet but first impressions are excellent.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 68

I would be interested to see what the range is like compared with the discs. I currently have 5 discs so if I need to replace all 5 it’ll be costly!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 59 of 68

For Sky BB users, there is a known problem now with the Sky Q router firmware they rolled out.  

A downgrade to the Q router firmware by Sky fixed it for me and now the Ethernet connection from Q to the WHW port is working again for Q for me.  

If you have Sky BB, look for posts from Kenny-J, who works for Sky, on the Helpforum.sky.com site, and if you have a Q router ask for the f/w to be rolled back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 60 of 68

Thanks. Was about to add to my post that my BT discs have been rock solid, and still are apart from the Sky box.  When you day rolled back - who do we need to ask ?

0 Ratings