cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Outdated Hardware

Hello all,

I came here to avoid clogging up the phone lines to BT.

Hope you can help.

My hardware - router and set top box are now pretty old, at least 5 years I'd say.

I have issues every time I record on the box with signals breaking up even though my tv signal is fine. All connections are sound.

Essentially, am I due any sort of free equipment replacement given that that my current hardware is now getting pretty old.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Outdated Hardware

there is no longer a free replacement just because your equipment is old or when you renew your contract.  however should your supplied equipment become faulty then you need to phone customer services 150 and ask for replacement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Short answer: No.

If you are nearing your contract renewal you could try and negotiate new equipment as part of the renewal.

If the equipment is faulty and you are still in contract it will be replaced free of charge.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

You can either renew your contract, this may get you an upgrade or if you are out of contract you may want to consider paying to renew your equipment your self v

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Outdated Hardware

If you can, negotiate to get yourself the Smart Hub 2 ("Hub 7") to properly future-proof yourself first.

Quite a jump in capability over the Smart Hub 1 ("Hub 6") that BT Call Centre would probably send you out by default. 

Or buy one off eBay for about £40 quid.

0 Ratings