Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasper100
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Pairing a BT Disc

Go to solution

Hi, its been a while.

I have just upgraded to BT Halo and set up my new Smart Hub 2 with no problems (other than having to reinstall 12 smart devices!).

Now I find that there is still a small area of my house which has a poor wifi signal. Improving it is important as there is a smart smoke detector in that area. I therefore want to add in the Disc provided.

I followed BT's instructions and opened my BT app, but when I move past "Your wifi network", I only get "Welcome to Smart Hub 2. Begin setup" with admin password requests et al, whereas the online BT video offers me a choice of Hub or Disc.

How therefore do I either access the Disc pairing procedure, or just get the thing up and running?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Pairing a BT Disc

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I could not get the app to find a suitable place to put the disc and hence it would not pair.

I just plugged it into the hub by Ethernet and waited until it stopped flashing lights and went a steady blue, sometimes it is difficult to see what the colour is. I then moved it to where I wanted it and it worked fine at a place where the app said no signal. Now looking at the hub settings it shows good signal at the disc.

I usually change the log in details so they match my previous settings and then none of my devices need changing, however BT in their infinite wisdom want an even longer and more complicated password than their previous smart hub. Security is obviously good but they are carrying this past sensible.

0 Ratings
jasper100
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hello Keith,

I followed your link, and, surprise surprise, the page displayed on my computer was quite different from the link.

However, deducing from your reply that there must be a way somewhere, I reverted to my usual "press each button and see what happens" technique, and did indeed find a page that successfully paired the disc. (Probably using the ethernet cable and Bob1001's route would have don the job as well.)

Thanks again.

ps. My on-line CCTV monitor is still working perfectly!

0 Ratings
madhatter2426
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

You need to connect the disk to the hub initially using the ethernet cable. Then use the my BT app on your phone to pair the disk to the hub. Then remove the disk from the hub and use the my BT app to show you best place to site the disk.

0 Ratings