cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Pairing a new out of the box wifi disc

Go to solution

So it seems to be a recurring problem and I have followed many of the steps already suggested to get my new wifi disc paired - I've used the my BT app to follow the steps, I have linked the ethernet cable to the SmartHub2 and got the disc light to turn blue, but I can't get past the flashing red phase on the wifi disc. I have done a factory reset on the disc and done the whole repeat exercise many times. The wifi disc is touching the Smart Hub 2 , but I still can't get the flashing red light to go blue - I am not an IT genius but just wish that when you follow the steps everything would just work?

Anyone got any ideas how to get my wifi disc successfully paired, so that I can then extend the range of my wifi around the house? 

Many thanks in anticpation....

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Pairing a new out of the box wifi disc

Go to solution

Try a factory reset on both - the hub and the disc

If you found this post helpful 🙂 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below. On the other hand, if you found it unhelpful 😞 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below . 😄
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
thank you - all seems to be working now - although the colour keeps changing from orange to blue and back again now? - I don't b***** believe it ;0)
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@DavidCutsHairwrote:
thank you - all seems to be working now - although the colour keeps changing from orange to blue and back again now? - I don't b***** believe it ;0)

Don't worry about the LED changing colour, blue means that the disc is seeing a good strong signal from the router, orange means it's seeing a good but could be better signal strength. It's the nature of radio that this varies a little according to the environment at any instant 

If you found this post helpful 🙂 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below. On the other hand, if you found it unhelpful 😞 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below . 😄
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks again, I moved it to another location and have it blue now - many thanks for your help. Seems to be all sorted now. 👍