cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Performance of BT extender 600

We use three BT extender 600s to provide internet access throughout our home.  The first is connected to our router, and the other two are in a first floor bedroom and the living room respectively.  We do not use BT wifi hotspots, only the extenders.

One of the extenders appears to perform better the other, and I wondered if other users had the same experience.

I performed a series of speed tests today, firstly on the router, then each of the two extenders in turn, using the same ethernet cable and testing setup.  

The router gave speeds consistently in the range 52.6-52.8 Mbps.  The extender in the bedroom, which is relatively close to the router, gave speeds of 46.5-49.0 Mbps, a reduction of circa 10%.  However the second extender, which is 20m further away from the router, gave speeds in the range 38.3-39.5 Mbps, a reduction of circa 26%.

Our house is a new build, completed in 2007, i.e. the wiring is less than 15 years old.

Is the performance of our extenders consistent with the experience of other users?  

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Performance of BT extender 600

Is the second extender on a separate circuit, as they do not work as well across different circuits.

I have a similar set-up, only using TP-Link AV1300 home plugs.  Using the TP-Link utility, I can see that the speed to the extender in the living room is around 400Mbps, but the speed to the one in the bedroom is only around 80Mbps.

However, as my broadband speed is only around 25Mbps, this isn't an issue for me as I'm getting the full 25Mbps in both locations ok.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Performance of BT extender 600

Many thanks.

0 Ratings