cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreaferns120472
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Port Forwarding Smart Hub 2

I am hoping someone can help me as I have contacted BT many times about this and they can’t help me.

I am trying to set up several port forwarding rules in   the BT Hub Manager.  I  add the rule and click the plus sign the rule shows below this with a red cross to the right.  I click Save but then it disappears and the rule is not saved.  I have never had a problem in the past this has just started happening over the past few weeks.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Port Forwarding Smart Hub 2

Try a factory reset of the hub by pressing the recessed button with a pin for about 20 seconds until the lights flash. Remember to turn off smart setup again afterwards. If that doesn't work, ask CS for a replacement hub.

0 Ratings
andreaferns120472
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for reply.  I have reset the hub, but still cannot set up Port Forwarding rules for my sons PC.  However I tried to set these up for my Laptop and it worked.  So the problem is with his PC.  He is using a BT Mini Connector with his PC and the wi-fi is turned off since he connects online with an ethernet cable.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Try giving the PC a static IP address outside of the DHCP range of the hub (say 192.168.1.20) on the PC itself and then try forwarding the ports to the IP address rather than device name.

I presume you are not trying to forward the same ports to both devices at the same time, that is not possible.

0 Ratings
chez-y
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

did you manage to fix this?  i  am having the exact same problem its so frustrating

0 Ratings
andreaferns120472
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Yes I did.  I firstly did this on my iphone instead of my PC. 192.168.1.254.

And now it seems to be saving when I do it on my PC too!

0 Ratings
andreaferns120472
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Yes I did.  I firstly did this on my iphone instead of my PC. 192.168.1.254.

And now it seems to be saving when I do it on my PC too!

0 Ratings