Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larryloader
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Port Forwarding on BT 4G Home Hub

Hi

Im currently trialling the BT 4G Home Hub as living in a rural area my current line connection is slower than a one-legged tortoise. So far so good and the speed is an improvement. The only issue so far is my sons PS4 has now changed to NAT3 status for one of his games (FIFA20) from NAT2 and I can only imagine this is due to the router settings.

I have enabled UPnP for the time being but would rather open up the required ports if possible. Can someone point me in the right direction to do this on the 4G HH router please or will I be okay with just leaving the UPnP enabled?

Many thanks. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Port Forwarding on BT 4G Home Hub

0 Ratings
Larryloader
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks but there is no reference to Port Forwarding at all and the device isn’t listed in the “How to port forward” drop-down menu. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If you look at the reference to the mini hub, you will see that port forwarding is not supported.

0 Ratings
Larryloader
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Ok, thanks Keith. I wasn’t sure if the 4G Home Hub was the same device or not.

So I guess my only option is to keep the UPnP facility enabled? I don’t really want to disable the firewall.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

You may also find it more reliable, if you assign a fixed LAN  IP address to the PS4, that will ensure that the mapping always remains the same if the 4G  hub`s DHCP server decides to issue a different IP address.

This was always recommended on the other home hubs.

0 Ratings