cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonfly3r
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Possible to extract recorded message to audio file? (BT4500 Landline)

Go to solution

I've been looking to upgrade my mother's home phones from the BT4500 to the BT Premium phone as we get plagued by Spam callers and the BT4500 doesn't really do us any favours with trying to stop them ringing.

However we can't change the phone because  there are are some irreplaceable recorded messages on the answer machine, that my mother doesn't want to get rid of, 1 in particular being that of my late grandmother who left a message a month before her passing (2017) and thus my mother likes to listen to it from time to time.

In the past I've stuck a Dictaphone next to the answer machine and recorded the message in its entirety but of course being an external microphone its not exactly clear.

Which has led me to my question, is it possible to extract these precious messages into an audio file format or is external recording I've done, the only way possible?

--------------------------------------

Ignore this post, didn't realise there was a headphone jack on the side of the phone handset, so I've plugged it into my computer and directly recorded the message from there.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Possible to extract recorded message to audio file? (BT4500 Landline)

Go to solution

@dragonfly3r 

Why not just leave the old phone plugged in to the mains, and not the phone line, and then the recorded message can be kept on the old answering machine. You only need to keep the base unit and just plug it in when wanted.

I am not aware of any way you could extract that message.

0 Ratings
dragonfly3r
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Possible to extract recorded message to audio file? (BT4500 Landline)

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

Don't worry I've solved the issue through my own incompetence. I didn't realise there was a headphone jack on the side of the phone handset. So I've plugged it directly into my computer and was able to extract the message via there.