cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_ph
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Power Cut and Smart Hub 2

Why should a power cut mean that when power is restored my Smart Hub 2 is now faulty? After reporting it to BT I’m having to wait 4 days for a replacement. In this day and age I question both the product reliability and the fact that deliveries can’t  happen the next day?

From a frustrated person who works from home and who has 3 teenagers who use Wi-fi a lot!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Power Cut and Smart Hub 2

@A_ph 

How do you know its faulty, is it totally dead without any lights on the front? If not, then it could just be a line or network fault.

If you need to get back online quickly, then you can get a third party router locally for about £40, and it can always be used in future as a spare.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

@A_ph  have you checked to see if you have a dial tone on your landline?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
A_ph
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Went through checks with BT last night, there’s a permanent orange light. Did a reset and it was still orange. They said it was faulty so sending a new one out. 

Thanks for info about 3rd party router, will look into it.

0 Ratings
A_ph
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Yep dial tone on land line working normally
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@A_ph wrote:

Went through checks with BT last night, there’s a permanent orange light. Did a reset and it was still orange. They said it was faulty so sending a new one out. 

Thanks for info about 3rd party router, will look into it.

It could be a problem in the cabinet, as the backup batteries would have run out and not recovered, or the power supply has tripped out. I would be very surprised if its the home hub, as that should not be upset by a power loss.

If you want to try a third party router, and you have an Argos store nearby, then look at item 5728882. Its easy to return if it does not help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

sorry was that a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
A_ph
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

No I was asked to turn hub off, unplug it from power, wait 2 mins then reconnect and wait
0 Ratings