cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Powerline adapters connecting to WiFi Discs?

I've been trying to troubleshoot a problem I'm having with Hikvision IP cameras randomly dropping off the network. The cameras are connected via  TPLink AV500 and AV600 powerline adapters. I have two in one room, two in another room and three complete WiFi discs. The cameras usually play up in pairs, one room will be affected, then will work for weeks or months and then keep dropping off again. The other day one pair was playing up, so I replaced the AV600 with 2 x AV500 adapters and then the other room dropped off the network and I couldn't do anything to get it working. 

Whilst trying to figure out the problem, I noticed that the powerline adapters show up as HS-100 on the network. Two were directly connected to the SmartHub, but one was connected to one of the discs. How is this possible? I'm wondering if this is the cause of the issue, when a powerline adapter connects to a disc rather than the router. I do have PlayStations connected via ethernet to two of the discs (including the one that the adapter was connected to), but I thought only WiFi devices, plus whatever is in the LAN port could connect to it?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Powerline adapters connecting to WiFi Discs?

@turbinewrote:

Two were directly connected to the SmartHub, but one was connected to one of the discs. How is this possible? I'm wondering if this is the cause of the issue, when a powerline adapter connects to a disc rather than the router. I do have PlayStations connected via ethernet to two of the discs (including the one that the adapter was connected to), but I thought only WiFi devices, plus whatever is in the LAN port could connect to it?

So how many adaptors are actually connected to the hub? there should only be one.

If you have two connected to the hub then have a look in the user guide, there is a bit in there about expanding your current network by adding additional units whilst only having the one physically connected to the hub

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Powerline adapters connecting to WiFi Discs?

Only one physically connected, but checking on the BT app, the router sees 2 connected, with the other connected to a disc. It doesn’t make sense that any power line should connect to a WiFi disc.

0 Ratings