cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaddyB
Message 1 of 97

Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi SGAB205018 Release now live

SGAB205018 has been made available for full release as of 12th October 2020.

Changes since SGAB20400A:

• Data Usage feature bug fixes and improvements
  • Fixed an issue that caused a small number of customers to experience discs stuck in red or slow flashing blue LED state
  • Web interface bug fixes and improvements
  • Improved network health monitoring
  • System stability improvements

As we’ve made several improvements to the Data Usage feature in this release, we recommend you use the app to reset your system’s data usage counters after upgrading. This can be found under Settings > Data Usage.

Upgrade advice:

• After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for a few hours to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning orange and blue and short drops in connection. If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to change its layout or network configuration

If the new firmware is not working as you’d like, try powering off/on all the discs at the socket and allow them to reconnect and settle. If you still need help afterward, come back to us, here on Community, or contact the helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com so that we understand your issue and help fix it

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
96 REPLIES 96
kevin_marchant
Contributor
Message 2 of 97

Re: Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi SGAB205018 Release for Early Adopter

Thanks for the new release!

Upgrade went OK.  Still needing to bring the system up in a specific order to maintain stability.

Disappointing that there are no specific fixes for Ethernet backhaul (still getting weird behaviour - yes I know you plan to roll this in to the “backbone release” but it would be good for that to happen sooner rather than later)

Manual WiFi channel selection still lost after reboot.  Thought Dan said  that was due to be fixed.

Still good to see you investing in the product - but wish you could do it quicker !

0 Ratings
Dan-O
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 97

Thanks for the feedback Kevin.

Yes we're making some big improvements to Ethernet backhaul support in a release later in the year and will provide more detail on that when it's ready to go.

Thanks for your feedback again on the manual channel issue, I will make sure this fix is included ASAP.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
speedf
Contributor
Message 4 of 97

I've had early adopter enabled for a while but checking for new firmware using the webgui just produces a "There is no updated version." message.  I'm still on SGAB20400A as a result.

0 Ratings
kevin_marchant
Contributor
Message 5 of 97

Try powering off the disks, then power on main disk, wait, then satellites.  Then check again.   Reconfirm early adopter is set in the web interface (though it looks like the latest version of the app now has it as an option there too)

0 Ratings
speedf
Contributor
Message 6 of 97

Tried that.  No luck.  As per screenshot below:

speedf_0-1600929597797.png

0 Ratings
kevin_marchant
Contributor
Message 7 of 97

Edit:  Had to delete the app and reinstall to get Maintenance\Beta Programme to appear under firmware upgrade options in the app. I think it’s part of 3.10.27.  I had the TestFlight version 3.10.26 installed and needed to delete / reinstall production version.

You might try the new early adopters option in the app and see if the upgrade will work if started from the app.

@Dan-O  I noticed the app did NOT reflect the early adopter setting in the webgui so I wonder which takes priority ? They are now both set to enabled and auto upgrades are off for me.  You might try this combo to see if it works for you.

My disks didn’t detect the upgrade until I power cycled them.

Other than that, you could try a factory reset.

This all assumes the update is still live of course.

0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 8 of 97

Hi speedf,

Which browser are you using?  You may wish to try another browser, or browse in private mode to ensure nothing that is cached is stopping you from being able to see the upgrade.

0 Ratings
speedf
Contributor
Message 9 of 97

It's not a browser issue.  App on both iOS and Android also report no upgrade available.

0 Ratings
kevin_marchant
Contributor
Message 10 of 97

Guess it's time for a factory reset then.  Just to triple check, you power cycled the disks and ensured you were on the latest iOS app version 3.10.27 (think it only came out a day or two ago) and checked in the app using the new setting you were subscribed to beta versions and tried to trigger the upgrade from the app.

0 Ratings