cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 171 of 187

Re: SGAB205018 Wont Pass DHCP to clients..... how do I FORCE Bridge mode and standard AP functionali

Good news - the executive complaints team have offered to refund me as they can’t confirm when a firmware update fix will be available (I am now guessing this ain’t happening soon). So I’m going to take them up on their offer and utilise the current ASus money back offers and get some Zen XT8’s.

This has been the worst consumer electronics product and support process I have ever experienced. WELL DONE BT!!

Will let you know if they are an improvement.

foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 172 of 187

Re: SGAB205018 Wont Pass DHCP to clients..... how do I FORCE Bridge mode and standard AP functionali

The reason i have not returned mine or opened a resolver case is my receipt,  I buy lots of IT equipment for 3 companies i do work for, as well as private work invoiced out, finding who i purchased them from is going to take me hours, going through all receipts etc, not sure when i purchased them as time fly's, from whom and how much i paid, this is why until now i have been waiting for a firmware fix, this seems quite obvious that is is no longer coming, BT can't even reply back about why it was left in this state for so long. 

Do i need receipt for resolver?

Had enough of waiting for firmware, gonna just buy something else.

I am very happy as i have said previously with the original discs, they are still working away never need to touch them, but buying these are my biggest regret only used for mesh access point on my IoT Vlan should have gone for the original ones, purchased these without reading and assuming they would work well like the original discs, how wrong was i?

0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 173 of 187

You don’t need a receipt for resolver but you will if they offer you a refund. 

Got the Zens up and running…..the difference is staggering (paid an extr £250 for the solution mind, but worth it!).

0 Ratings
Raven8472
Contributor
Message 174 of 187

I am doubtful this product will be fixed/ improved in a timely Manner. Does anyone have a similar priced alternative product that could serve a 3 storey property  over 25+ devices. 

Would prefer Wifi 6 to be future proof, just need to have backup plan if Amazon is happy to except a refund on grounds of product is not fit for purpose. 

0 Ratings
Raven8472
Contributor
Message 175 of 187

Just to let you know i have asked Amazon for a full refund and they were happy to oblige. Thanks for the comments on the thread and wish everyone good luck with the product.
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 176 of 187

Do mods care to comment that after two months of empty promises and NO firmware has materialised if this is still being worked on or is this now an end of life product?

0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 177 of 187

Do yourself a favour and get your money back Foz. They don’t care and hell will freeze over before this mythical update comes out. 

BT have dropped a bomb on this product and I ain’t going near them ever again. Bye!!!

My system is packed up and ready for them to pick up :0) for my full refund. 

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 178 of 187

I will be taking the time out to find my receipt, i will start a resolver case, i only used them for my iot devices on a vlan (so more annoying than angry when they randomly disconnect etc etc)  If they were used for my wireless lan they would have been thrown out not long after i purchased them!! NO QUESTION about that. Annoyed more with myself, should have just grabbed another set of the cheaper original discs that work well, although they've had no fw updates for over 14 months either!! i was just hoping this fairy tail firmware would drop sort and them out, but it appears to being worked on by the slowest coders in the history of the internet LOL. 

0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 179 of 187

Sorry to hear your frustration and see a complete lack of response from this awful forum. My units were picked up today so I can finally say good riddance to this whole thing (thank god!)

Good bye BT, we shall never see each other again, your customer service and products stink!!!!!!

NeilO
Message 180 of 187

Hi Everyone,

In the interest of keeping you up to date, we can inform you that the latest firmware for Premium has now finished its testing to ensure the improvements in stability and performance, as well as new functionality, are complete before the firmware is released. 

We plan to make the update available via Early Adopter on Monday 2nd August 2021 which we will announce on a new post in this forum.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings