cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lawrence1
Beginner
Message 21 of 77

Re: Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi SGAB205018 Release now live

Please confirm this is for WholeHome Wi-Fi with White discs as can not find data usage under settings
0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 22 of 77

Hi Lawrence1.

This update is for BT Premium Whole Home Wifi, the white discs with the clear circular inner trim, as opposed to the plain white discs of BT Whole Home Wifi, the small discs of BT Mini Whole Home or the black discs of BT Complete Wifi.

0 Ratings
Cybergoths
Beginner
Message 23 of 77

I installed a 4 disc pack last week, and it's been working fine. 

Today the disc at the end of the daisy chain (let's call it Disc 4)  is showing red. I've tried a power cycle and it has not resolved it. The iPhone app shows it to be disconnected from the network. This is an older disc (in the sense it has the old BT logo not the one used on this webpage) but it came in the same pack.

• Disc 1: The disc connected to the hub is showing purple flashing (firmware update) and has firmware SGAB20121E.
  • Disc 2: The disc that used to bridge between the hub and the disc at the end of the chain is also flashing purple and has firmware SGAB20121E.
  • Disc 3: The other disc connected to the hub is showing blue and has firmware SGAB2012E
  • Disc 4: It shows purple and has firmware SGAB205018. 

The network has reconfigured and now goes

hub >> Disc 1 >> Disc 2 >> Disc 3

Disc 4 (disconnected)

Previously it was

hub >> Disc 1 >> Disc 2 >> Disk 4

hub >> Disc 1 >> Disc 3

The hub is connected to Virgin Media 200Mbps fibre by ethernet with a new box from Virgin (installed same day as hub). Ookla Speedtest shows 215Mbps download / 20.7Mbps upload. I've seen that there are some issues with Virgin but it has worked fine since install and is still feeding the three connected discs. It's on Virgin as I'm wired direct to exchange and I have been told it could be several years before we get fibre via Openreach.

I'm wondering what has happened here? Has the firmware update started late on in the window overnight and only completed a single device and now stopped because of the time constraints? Is there anything I need to do?

When I try connecting through the web page link (btwholehome.home), it lets me log in with the admin password but I cannot see any information (it's not reporting anything back despite allowing a log in).

0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 24 of 77

Hi Cybergoths,

This suggests that three of your discs are running much older firmware and have not yet updated in the current topology you have.

We suggest to physically swap “Disc 4” that currently has the latest firmware (SGAB205018) with the disc connected to the router (Disc 1) and then reboot all the other discs. Disc 4 should then auto-sync the firmware with the other discs at this point.

0 Ratings
Cybergoths
Beginner
Message 25 of 77

Thank you - will try this later on once the kids are off the internet!
0 Ratings
Boz
Beginner
Message 26 of 77

Hi. Having suffered with the Virgin conflict for many months after buying a 4-disc Premium Whole Home system early this year, I enjoyed a happy but brief period of excellent, stable WiFi throughout the house.  Until I updated to this latest firmware, that is... 

Ever since then, I have experienced a terribly unstable network.  Sometimes the system just crashes, with the master disc showing red. Sometimes the system appears to reboot itself. Sometimes a satellite disc which had previously behaved beautifully will show a red LED and need restarting. Sometimes a disc will disappear from the network as shown on the Android app, even though it seems to be working fine and showing a blue LED.

Currently I am away from home and the system has clearly crashed as I can not connect to my Nest thermostat for the first time in the 3 years since it was installed.

Is there any way to roll back to the previous firmware???

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Cybergoths
Beginner
Message 27 of 77

This didn't seem to work. Swapping the fourth disc dropped it back to the default network ID and password (which differs from the other three discs) so it lights up red and the other three light up blue.

Did it sync? I don't know. What I do know is that when I restarted Discs 1 to 3 they had updated to the latest firmware.

I put Disc 1 back in place and restarted the network.

Then I factory reset Disc 4, removed it from the network in the app on the phone, then WPS paired it again. This time it connects all four discs in blue. iOS app refuses to recognise new disc despite it finishing pairing. 

Restarted network, reconnect Chromebook and browser to network and all four discs shown. iOS app still doesn't want to see the new disc. Kill wifi on the phone, still doesn't want to see the new disc (and yet it shows as connected on the browser version). Decided I'll give up at this point and go to bed.

redeye
Contributor
Message 28 of 77

Had an issue with one disc so I switched it off and on. Now running really well. I’m getting better signal between discs and better steering. So far so good. Great work guys. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 77

Yet again after a couple of weeks I am experiencing all of the SAME ISSUES I have been experiencing with this god awful product since launch:

-Web gui/app interface crashes within 24 hours of reset

- All led and steering parameters get reset to default after ~24 hours of use

- Devices randomly lose connections and won’t reconnect without a full system reset

- ETHERNET BACKHAUL IS STILL NOT WORKING!!!!!!!

- Had 2 disks go down with blue flashing light mode during the last few weeks

- When using my system for streaming xcloud/local remote access it constantly disconnects and reconnects (it is just NOT STABLE)!

- At around 11:00/11:30pm everyday my disks appear to disconnect and reconnect to the main disk for absolutely no reason!

Full resets of the system fix these issues for a week or so but then they come back.

WHY after 6 months+ of random updates have you not been able to fix these KNOWN issues? Why are you keeping your premium customers (don’t forget this is a premium product isn’t it?) in the dark on what you are doing to fix it? How long do we need to wait before we have to accept that you aren’t capable of fixing this product and that we need to raise this with consumer rights in order to force a product recall due to false advertisement of feature set and capabilities?

Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 77

Still having issues even though I have been working with your support, really starting to feel like this product is never going to work as advertised. How do we make a high level complaint about this?