cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redeye
Contributor
Message 51 of 175

Re: Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi SGAB205018 Release now live

Missus called me at work at 20:00 to say one of the discs is flashing. Got home at around 23:30, turns out that my devices can connect but the UI is borked and not responding. The app is not connecting, some kind of NO_RESPONSE error code. I’ll investigate in the morning.

This is the third weird Instance since the firmware update. I must have jinxed it when I posted a positive post.

0 Ratings
redeye
Contributor
Message 52 of 175

I thought replied to my last post... anyhow, my issue was the same as pre firmware 018. For some reason guest wifi switches on by itself, a disc goes down and retrieving logs from said disc causes red light. A reset, reconnection and new setup is needed to restore full network functionality. 

0 Ratings
TomPaine
Beginner
Message 53 of 175

Agile is one way to describe it I suppose. Having just bought the Premium Whole Home 3 pack for my daughter I hoped it would be rather less buggy than it seems to be proving. What is a company like BT doing releasing product that is as unreliable as this? And calling it 'Premium' just adds insult to the whole thing.

0 Ratings
kevin_marchant
Contributor
Message 54 of 175

@redeye I found I have to keep guest Wi-Fi on whether I want to or not, else the 2.4Ghz radio doesn’t start on one of my disks after a reboot.  As I don’t want guest Wi-Fi on I’ve set the password to something really cryptic.  The system seems more stable after that.

I reported this to BT in March.

0 Ratings
intoxicating
Contributor
Message 55 of 175

@TomPainewrote:

Agile is one way to describe it I suppose. Having just bought the Premium Whole Home 3 pack for my daughter I hoped it would be rather less buggy than it seems to be proving. What is a company like BT doing releasing product that is as unreliable as this? And calling it 'Premium' just adds insult to the whole thing.

Unfortunately it’s been buggy and unreliable since it was released 12 months ago, if you are still able to return it for refund I would advise you to and save yourself the hassle.

0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 56 of 175

I agree even though it doesn’t do us poor BT customers much help.

Sadly BT really have dropped the ball with this product and IMO they shouldn’t be trusted to fix it/again as the feedback in this forum and lack of commitment should suggest.

Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 57 of 175

My serious problems with the Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi, and why I would not recommend it.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/Premium-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi-causes-main-internet-to-fail-Firmwar... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 175

Starting to look like we’re not getting any valid feedback or update on a fix for these issues this year. Thanks for the love BT! 

Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 59 of 175

I've given up the fight and returned my whw system for a refund. Didn't even have to use "not of merchantable quality" . 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
redeye
Contributor
Message 60 of 175

Don't rub it in bro.

0 Ratings