cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 60

Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi SGAB208218 Early Adopter Release now

SGAB208218 has been made available for early adopter as of 2nd August 2021.

Changes since SGAB205018:

Since the FR3 release on Premium, there are many new features supported by the firmware and app that will deliver an even better customer experience, as well as a wide range of bug fixes for existing features.

New features include:

1.             New Wi-Fi driver and Wi-Fi management software to improve stability
  2.             Improvements/bug fixes for Ethernet connected discs (to another disc or direct to router)
  3.             Support for WPA3 security (mixed mode)
  4.             IPv6 now supported for discs and connected devices
  5.             New features available in the app (using 3.12.86/88 or later)

Additional specific customer issues fixed:

-              Prevents an issue causing the memory to become full and require a factory reset regularly

-              Improvements around discs “dropping out” or incorrect status in app/web GUI

-              Static IP addressing now working correctly, with additional options available

Upgrade advice:

• After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for a few hours to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning orange and blue and short drops in connection.  If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to change its layout or network configuration
  • As this is a major firmware release, if you see any new issues after the upgrade, we recommend performing a factory reset of your system.  You can use the new Backup and restore feature in the app to save your settings before the reset to save time in setting up again.

To enable early adopter you can now use the app – see “Beta programme” on the settings menu.  Otherwise it can be enabled via the web interface on the Firmware Update page.

If the new firmware is not working as you’d like, try powering off/on all the discs at the socket and allow them to reconnect and settle.  If you still need help afterward, come back to us, here on Community, or contact the helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com so that we understand your issue and help fix it

59 REPLIES 59
Message 2 of 60

Re: Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi SGAB208218 Early Adopter Release now

Updated without any issues, although the middle floor disc seemed to take about 10-15 mins to update and come back online, i just left it to do its thing rather than rebooting it when the other two were up and working, it seemed to sort itself out given the little extra time, so to confirm all discs updated to new fw, i have not moved or changed anything other than fw, although i am tempted to change the middle floor disc to ethernet backhaul but i will wait 24/48 hrs to see and compare to previous issues and report back.

Many thanks for the FW, i do still feel this has taken way to long to address to your customers issues but its here now, thank you, just hope it gives far better stability than previous fw and hopefully i can now use ethernet backhaul on all discs if required!

I will report back 24-48 hrs.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 60

Keen to try this out, but unfortunately, I can't get mine going (tried via web, app, factory reset & various reboots):

Screenshot 2021-08-02 111335.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 60

First reboot you system, give it say 10 mins to all come up and settle down, make sure you have early adpoter enabled and then check firmware then it should display it and press update.

Good luck

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 60

Thanks foz,

Turns out my ISP (FibreNest...) cannot reach the BT update server (done some googling and found to be 207.71.32.159). Probably due to their horrible Carrier-NAT configuration (hence why I'm so keen to get this update for IPv6). Anyways, I managed to bridge my phone's 4G which is on the BT network to the hub and update the firmware that way and it's all looking good with IPv6 and everything all singing and dancing. The lengths I have to go through lol.Screenshot 2021-08-02 130318.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 60

Glad you sorted it, i am assuming you are unable to ping that IP? Have you tried different DNS server addresses? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 60

Yeah tried different DNS, can see it resolving the IP, but can't reach it:
Pinging dbtsu.bt.motive.com [207.71.32.159] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 60

Have you tried it over a vpn? That should then resolve the FQDN.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 60

Yes, I suppose that would be easier than tethering my phone. However, it looks like they've changed servers with the latest firmware anyway as it will now check for updates just fine.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 60

When BT were troubleshooting my issues I was advised to try the following:

Disable Legacy Steering

Try changing the 2.4 GHz channel to 1 or 11 and the 5GHz channel to 36

Change the ‘Compatibility Mode’ to Enabled.​

None of which helped with the issue (reboots) - now with this new firmware should I stick with the settings above or should I change them back?

0 Ratings