cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 60

Re: Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi SGAB208218 Early Adopter Release now

@hatton33 : sorry for the delayed reply, but please find responses to the questions you raised last night as follows:

1. Have you tried connecting it to a different port in your router?  Yes - issue persists.
  2. Have you tried giving the discs a static IP to rule out some strange DHCP leasing issue?  Not yet.
  3. Any power saving settings enabled on your router that you could disable?  Not that I can see via BT Smart Hub Manager.
  4. What about port settings on the router - are they set to half duplex or full? Can't see an option to check/change that via BT Smart Hub Manager.
  5. What about the SSID’s you’re using - I assume you’ve given both networks different names? - Yes - both networks have different names/SSIDs.
  6. Are the devices connected completely wirelessly or are any wired? - Apart from the primary BT PWHW disc being connected to the BT Home Hub 6 via ethernet (i.e. wired), all other devices are connected wirelessly.
  7. Does the connection issues you’re having occur just on your phone or does it happen to every device?  Connection issues occur on every device, not just on my phone.
  8. Does it also still happen if you move to another room and therefore are connected to a different disc?  Yes.

Regarding the following, appreciate the help and support.  All roads lead to BT in this case, given they're also my ISP and router provider.  Given the amount of time I've unsuccessfully spent trying to get this working, think I'll be returning my BT PWHW soon as faulty goods (i.e. not fit for purpose) under the Consumer Rights Act 2015...

@hatton33wrote:

Sorry, lots of questions and I may not have the answers since you’ve got a different ISP and I don’t have these same issues but just trying to get me head around what’s causing the problem. At the moment, I’m leaning towards it being an issue with your router but unless your ISP are willing to send you a replacement to try, it’s tough to rule that out for sure.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 60

@hatton33 : regarding the following, they're relatively close to each other (i.e. connected by ethernet cable that's supplied with BT PWHW).  I get this error whether I'm connected wirelessly to my main/primary disc or the 2 other discs.  Alas, I don't have any other devices that I could try to connect wired to my BT Home Hub 6.

One final one @Dan-E - how close are your BT Hub and your main disc to each other? Just thinking if both are broadcasting Wi-Fi, then it could be causing interference - do you still get this error if you’re connected wirelessly to your main disc? Also, have you any other devices you could try to connect wired to your BT Hub just to see if that suffered problems too? 

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 60

Having contacted the retailer that I purchased the BT PWHW from, they've offered me a full refund (which I've accepted).

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 60

Update went smoothly but I'm experiencing 2 differences from the previous firmware.

Steering is way more ridged. I could be 2 meters  from the downstairs disc and I would still be connected to upstairs with lower signal. The upstairs disc is very dominant. 

The whole family have iOS devices (6 in total), and all experience slow web page loading (10 seconds or more). Apps are slower at pulling content. Speedtests are normal at 67mb down and 16mb up.  My macbook pro which is also connected to whole home wifi has no issues and everything connected to the modem/router directly has no issues.

I initially thought it was a DNS issue with the iOS devices, so I switched them to manual on each device. That seemed to improve matters for a short time but the issue has returned.

Anyone else with the same symptoms?

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 60

Hi @redeye 

Thanks for the feedback.

RE: slow web page loading. This may be related to IPv6 support (as it is now working in this build). Which router are you using? And do you know if it is IPv6-Enabled?

Dan-O

Message 36 of 60

Hi Dan-O

yep, my isp Andrews and Arnold with ipv6.

router is zyxel Vmg 3925 b10b

Edit...I'm using OpenDns and just had a look on the opendns website. They have different Addresses for ipv6 which is obvious but it didn't occur to me to be a possible ipv6 issue, thanks Dan-O.

I'll put the new addresses in my router and report back.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 60

OpenDNS ipv6 addresses added and slow pages are gone wooohooo!!!

thanks Dan-O

Message 38 of 60

One thing not fixed is that the firmware update check fails on the app and the web GUI after 7 days uptime.  The master disc hasn't rebooted itself though which is what it was doing after 7 days before the upgrade.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 60

Thanks @Marcel for this feedback.

I'll raise this on our backlog so we can investigate this.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 60

There are a few issues not fixed that i have found, In web Gui the downlink disc is not shown as primary disc, logging in web gui does not redirect you to primary (downlink) disc and shows incorrect information. Maybe why another forum member was seeing the red discs in app but blue on discs if its not connecting to downlink disc?

A lot less disconnections now i have ethernet backhaul, in fact my system has been up for 6 days now. 

Not sure steering is working as it should, with WHW1 discs moving around walking down 3 stories i can see my phone connect to each floor disc, yet the premium discs tend to act more like access points holding on to top floor disc when on ground floor. Steering is set to enabled in each box is this correct? not sure legacy and access point should both be enabled by default?

0 Ratings