cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 60

Re: Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi SGAB208218 Early Adopter Release now

I see something a bit quirky which may be linked. I browse to the primary discs web GUI using it's IP address. If I browse to the secondary disc using this method, the link in the address bar changes to btwhole.home and the connection fails saying the page can't be reached. 

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 60

I believe that should redirect it back to the downlink disc (primary), mine does the same on any wireless BH disc but any disc with Ethernet BH resolves and gives single disc info only.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 60

Hi @foz 

Thanks for your feedback.

The redirect should also happen on Ethernet connected discs so I will pass this feedback on so we can investigate.

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 60

it does not resolve or redirect on wireless BH just loads blank screen changes the ip to domain, but it loads single disc IP on ethernet bh!

Please note primary disc is not downlink disc see picture

btwhp.jpg

This is not a browser cache issue, same result in incognito tab 

Message 45 of 60

Will there be a new beta release with fixes to the problems that members have reported or will this get released as stable release?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 60

Just experienced a complete lockup requiring a restart of the system. Slow death with various and then all wireless devices not having an internet connection even though they were authenticating ok with the network.

The app was unable to identify any discs available to connect to.  Same with the web GUI when trying to connect over wireless. Had to use the web GUI on a LAN device to restart the system.

Don't remember ever having this issue with the current live release so hope this isn't a bug that's been introduced with the early adopter version.  

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 60

Maybe worth while checking the channel numbers are not cross modulating (Adjacent-Channel interference) with a nearby system causing issues.

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 60

In my case, the problem with constant dropouts was caused by the ethernet ports (I tried them all) on my Smart Hub 6 Type B, shutting down and reconnecting, this showed up in the hub logs. Fortunately I had a spare Type A and so far no more red lights, purple lights and constant dropouts. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 60

Now that my system seems stable I've had a chance to look into the best settings which is a bit confusing as different functions are available on the Android and PC apps and are not clearly defined as to what they do.

I've switched off "steering" (Android App) on all devices that will not move around the house to keep them fixed to the disc that gives the best performance and set "smart topology" to high so that our phones, that use WiFi calling, will roam seamlessly between discs if we move around the house while on a call, rather than dropping out for a few seconds on changing disc.  Is this how it works and does it look sensible?

This new beta firmware seems to work well and the new features are useful.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 60

Just noticed that IPv6 doesn't seem to be working. 

0 Ratings