cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 60

Re: Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi SGAB208218 Early Adopter Release now

@tonyw1 

Unless I’m mistaken the “Smart Topology” isn’t for devices but for the actual discs.

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 60

Correct. Your devices shouldn’t disconnect for a few seconds while roaming though, that implies maybe your discs are too far apart?

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 60

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that so have set it back to default. 

The delay in switching over between discs was on my previous "Complete WiFi" setup, Smart Hub 2 with black discs, which had to go because of discs constantly switching from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz backhaul and not working until manually power reset. Hopefully the Whole Home won't do that or it too will have to go.

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 60

Further to my earlier post, IPv6 has just started working. 

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 60

With this firmware is it stable to have every disc connected via Ethernet and is star topology supported?

Also is the max supported discs still 6?

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 60

So been running this now since the day of the release.

- The Mesh is significantly more stable.  It was previously rebooting several times a day.  However, I am still getting reboots of the master disk anywhere between 3 and 10 days

- As previously mentioned, once you get past 7 days without a reboot the check firmware function stops working

- Had to reset the system twice where devices would only connect to the master - this may be related to my first point where the master disc reboots itself but the other two discs do not reboot

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 60

That sounds like memory leak, what happens if you change master disc, do you still get the same issues?

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 60

@intoxicating

As far as i can see no way on premium discs to change the topology unlike the first edition discs that have this feature, although i never have used this feature myself. I think the max the mobile app supports is 6 discs but pretty sure (BT may need to confirm this) but you can manage more than 6 via the web browser without issues or at least you could on original discs from memory.

Message 59 of 60

A small bug. One of my discs is showing as connected by ethernet on the web GUI, but it is connected by wifi. Works fine though.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 60

Hi @intoxicating 

As of the latest app (3.12.88/3.12.92 iOS) and firmware (SGAB208218 or later), you can manage up to 8 Premium Whole Home Wi-Fi discs with the app.

You can connect multiple discs via Ethernet (to the primary disc, or to the router directly/via a switch). 

Dan-O