cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonsgrumpy
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Premium Whole Home WiFi - Totally Unstable

Owned for <48 hours and my family has zero confidence over my standard BT router

Disc goes RED constantly, needs rebooting.  I need to work from home and frankly I cannot.

Unless I am missing something I'll be asking John Lewis for money back

QUESTION:  Are the non-premium models more stable?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Premium Whole Home WiFi - Totally Unstable

Hi @simonsgrumpy, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your whole home wifi, can you check the ethernet connection with your hub? If you have a spare ethernet cable can you swap it over? Also, try moving the cable to a different port on the Hub.

If it's still red after this you may need to move the disc that's losing connection closer to one of your other discs.

If these checks don't help the Whole Home wifi helpdesk can be contacted by phone on 0808 100 6116 Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm Or via email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
simonsgrumpy
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I'm on new cables.  

Just dropped again, that's at least 5 times today,   not sure what your Helpdesk will do but I may try Saturday before returning discs 

How do I access the discs for diagnostic failure information?

My BT Hub was working fine, I'm only having issues since adding these discs.

Again - is the non premium version reportedly more stable?  Is it worth downgrading?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @simonsgrumpy. Many thanks for confirming that, did you try moving the disc that's losing connection closer to the other discs?

I'm not 100% but I think the logs can be found if you go to http://btwhole.home on a device that's connected to a disc.

The premium discs have tri-band technology wifi so essentially they should be better and I wouldn't recommend downgrading until you've had a chat with the helpdesk as they are the experts for fault finding with this particular product. 

0 Ratings
simonsgrumpy
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Just dropped again

The main disc - plugs into the router failing every hour 

When this happens - I have to reconnect all devices - they are going back unless something magic happens 

Totally disastrous idea

AGAIN - PLEASE

Are the Lower grade models MORE STABLE

CAN YOU AT LEAST ANSWER THE QUESTION

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi @simonsgrumpy can’t comment the premium ones, but I have had the standard ones for approx 2 years now and they are pretty flawless, few hiccups with firmware updates, but on the current firmware they have been fine. We use the 3 disc setup in a longish house, one downstairs in the front room connected to sky router, one in kitchen and one in upstairs back bedroom. Various phones, tablets and smart home devices/speakers connected to 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz with no issues. Never have to reboot them, been running fine with several months uptime. 

0 Ratings