cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 55

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20822A now live

@foz That seems to be the case. Even if I left it for a couple of days after one rollback no firmware version appeared in the web GUI for me to roll back again to.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 55

I had never tried it but that's silly if they won't allow that. In all honesty I can never understand why you can't select what version you would like to roll back to.

Looks like I will have to roll back in next couple of days so I will check mine.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 55

My IPv6 problem additional information...

I've done a bit more testing and it looks like there's a problem negotiating an IPv6 address through the Whole Home Premium. Once negotiated, while connected directly to the router, it works until the laptop has been asleep, or off, for some time and when the laptop wakes it needs to connect directly to the router again to renegotiate IPv6, then it can be reconnected to Whole Home and IPv6 will work perfectly until the laptop is turned off.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 55

I don't use ipv6 but you may need additional ipv6 dns settings entering, try: 2606:4700:4700::1111 cloudflare's ipv6 dns

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 55

I'm using Cloudflare DNS servers for both IPv4 and IPv6.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 55

In the btwhp disc or router or both? As I say I don't use ipv6 just throwing ideas out to try and help, may just be a firmware issue. Mine have been pretty stable since the ethernet backhaul on every firmware apart from this one.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 55

Works with both but will only negotiate when connected to router.

Can you set up DNS servers in btwhp?

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 55

From memory, setup > ip addressing or something along those lines for ipv4 as i say unsure with ipv6 as i have mine disabled in the router.

On a note regarding rolling my disks back, i rebooted them today before i left home, if the downlink disc reboots again randomly i will roll back, it seems BT have gone quiet on this thread again, i've asked 2 or there times now if any further firmware updates are due anytime soon but no reply.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 55

My IPv6 problems...

Same thing this morning, no IPv6 on waking my laptop so rather than connecting directly to the router to kickstart it, I tried my wife's machine and it had IPv6 but mine still didn't so I did some searching for Windows 10 IPv6 problems and found this....  

Fix: ‘IPv6 Connectivity- No network access’ error in Windows 10 (thegeekpage.com)

...... tried Fix 1, rebooted and I had IPv6. But I'm now getting 9/10 on this test, same as on my wife's machine...

Test your IPv6. (testipv6.com)

...... rather than the 10/10 I was getting, but I'm happy with that.

We'll see what happens tomorrow morning, but I'm cautiously optimistic. There is obviously a difference between connecting via Whole Home and direct to router and I hope this info will be of use to others.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 55

Have you tried disabling wireless on the router?

0 Ratings