cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 73

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C208326 now live

When you say master disc are you referring to the downlink disc (one connected to the ethernet / router) or the primary disc used for the interface (primary disc is the just highest mac numbered disc not necessary the downlink disc)?

I have just experienced the downlink disc rebooting but the slave discs have 3 days up time. 

I will also roll back now as its clear this FW has issues as previous FW seemed more stable, assume 822C is just 822A with updated upgrade certificates?  

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 73

Hi Foz,

When I refer to the master disc it's the downlink disc that connects to my router - I've changed the disc to help mitigate a hardware issue but it's this disc that seems to have most of the reboot problems.  The master disc did reboot after 24hours post my rollback but been OK since.  The most uptime I've ever had on the master disc since I've owned them (across multiple firmware updates) is 7 days iirc.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 73

Now that's concerning, my primary disc, the one connected to the router by cable, rebooted three hours ago. I can't handle things that don't do what they should.

Edit: Hold on, bless it's little cotton socks, it looks like it was my fault. I think I accidentally knocked off the mains power to the Internet stuff for a split second, the primary disc and the router both rebooted at the same time but not the two other discs for some reason. PSU capacitors in those two discs? I'll reboot it all later to keep all the times the same.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 73

It’s interesting to see a lack of comment from the moderators on this issue….🤷‍♂️

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 73

Help, how do you roll back? 

I've arrived here after working out my discs had auto firmware update on and this update has ruined them with constant reboots of the primary disc. Full reset hasnt fixed them either.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 73

http://mybtdevice.home/rollback.htm or http://ip/rollback.htm 

Also i would recommend factory reset and set up from fresh.

Message 27 of 73

See third post on this thread, By Dan_O

btwhole.home/rollback.htm

Message 28 of 73

Thanks, I had missed that. All done now and fingers crossed back to normal. 

BT, for what its worth, the new auto updated firmware left me with a rebooting primary disc. A wifi enabled disc refusing to connect even after a full reset. Some devices refusing to connect. Some devices in an endless reconnecting loop. Even when all the discs were functioning, every device in the house was shown as connected to a single disc.

An awful firmware update.

In the year I have owned these discs, only 20822 has given me a month of actually forgetting about the wifi and just getting on with using it. If it wasn't for the cost of the discs, i would have moved on a long time ago. 

Thats auto firmware update disabled forever.  Long live 20822.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 73

3 disc premium system, 7 days uptime on 2 discs and 3 hours on downlink disc, this disc just rebooted for a second time in the 7 days uptime. There seems to be a pattern here BT, most people seem to suffer the same fate the downlink disc rebooting your thoughts? As someone suggested earlier in the thread you seem to have gone very quite again.

To confirm i am running SGAB20822C with factory reset after FW downgrade, set up fresh, no overlapping wifi channels with any surrounding routers, 2 discs connected with ethernet backhaul & 1 using wireless backhaul.  

Message 30 of 73

Snap… slave discs seem to stay up for several days, primary disc connected to the router drops several times a day. Trying to host MSTeams calls today, I kept getting put on hold and losing my Wi-Fi at complete random until I reset the entire set up again. A full reset (as in a network reset from the app) seems to now be required at least every second day (822C) - is it to much to ask BT just to give me 100% of my cash back or swap them for their new Wi-Fi 6 premium discs ? Buying BT brand and paying a high price ( over £350!) I thought I was buying a quality product not some unsupported cheap tat that has failed to work correctly since day 1

0 Ratings