cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 110

Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C Early Adopter now live

Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C Early Adopter now live

SGAB20832C and SGAC20832C have been made available for Early Adopter as of 29th November 2021.

Changes since SGAB/C208326:

• Fixed occasional primary disc random reboots
  • System stability improvements

Important Upgrade Advice for Premium Whole Home Wifi Customers:-

For those on an older version than 822C you will not be able to upgrade directly to 832C, therefore you will need to first update your discs to SGAB20822C before having access to any further updates, including this release.

General upgrade advice:

• After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for a few hours to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning orange and blue and short drops in connection.  If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to change its layout or network configuration

If the new firmware is not working as you’d like, try powering off/on all the discs at the socket and allow them to reconnect and settle.  If you still need help afterwards, come back to us, here on Community, or contact the Helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com so that we understand your issue and help fix it

0 Ratings
109 REPLIES 109
Message 2 of 110

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C now live

Doesn't seem live for me and I'm on 822c
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 110

It maybe an Early Adopter (As yet we have not had a stable release as such)!

You may need to enable Early Adopter on firmware update page to see this latest version. If not seeing after that reboot your system it should then show.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 110

It is an early adopter version.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 110

Fixed occasional reboots…. Well that’s a major understatement there David… presume you’ve not been following the thread against the last firmware release!

Can some one brave enough to try it tell my from the real world experience if this update is indeed stable, as 822C is working ‘just about’ for me at the moment and can’t risk another week of testing BT’s untested ALPHA firmware releases for them again…. 🤬
Message 6 of 110

Can I check as I've now got the option to install it , if it's rubbish can I roll back?

Message 7 of 110

I have given it ago.
Agree with you regarding reboots, random, constant would be a better description.
BT please note: The rebooting disc is not on always on the primary disc, the primary disc is just the highest mac number for the gui IP, the disc that reboots is the downlink disc (for me at least) this can be a different disc to the primary disc! The disc that's actually listed as downlink i assume is the one used to connect to the LAN ( i have 2 with Ethernet Backhaul) as listed in:
/status/statusdiscs/
Ethernet Status: Port 1: Connected - downlink

@ Grumpywilber to roll back go to http://mybtdevice.home/rollback.htm or http://yourprimarydiscip/rollback.htm

i can confirm you can rollback: Rollback version: SGAB20822C

Message 8 of 110

Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know I've amended the original post to include -

"Important Upgrade Advice for Premium Whole Home Wifi Customers:-

For those on an older version than 822C you will not be able to upgrade directly to 832C, therefore you will need to first update your discs to SGAB20822C before having access to any further updates, including this release."

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 110

@foz Are you having envy issue since upgrading yesterday?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 110

So far so good but only up 1 day 4 hours so far, lets see if we can get past the 2 week mark without any reboots before I start thinking they've possible made some improvements.

I only use quite a basic settings within discs because they're use on a vlan IoT network. All static leases are controlled by router so no fancy settings tested within the premium discs to be honest.