cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 110

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C now live

Thanks @foz I’ll wait quietly for a couple of weeks and watch this feed for everyone’s feedback before pressing ahead I think. 👍
Message 12 of 110

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C Early Adopter now live

I've just tried to update the firmware this evening.

It didn't seem to apply to all the discs and the end result appeared to be they factory reset themselves. The discs all reverted to broadcasting the original SSID.

I factory reset each disc individually via the button on the back of each disc and set them back up with wifi backhaul.

I switched back to ethernet backhaul and the app told me it was a new network again so I had to complete the initial set up routine (selecting pack size, naming discs etc).

This happened twice.

On disc names, the home screen of the app was showing "new disc, tap to configure". The next screen showed no name, but the disc details screen did show the name I had previously given the disc.

It was only after things had stabilised that I configured the custom SSID.

Devices have now connected back up. I've tried to restore device settings from a backup but it was unable to restore anything (crosses for each item in the list).

Does the device backup include data usage information? I've not noticed device setting restores recovering that information before. Nevertheless I seem to have full data usage information so not sure if that is because I tried to restore device settings, or the factory reset hasn't worked...

Will wait and see whether this version is any more stable than the previous which was a complete car crash.

Message 13 of 110

Bad news

Looking in the premium disc gui this morning it shows both Ethernet backhaul disc's rebooted around 7:08 (15hrs ago) at the same time, so they never made it to two days uptime, however this has rebooting both Ethernet BH disc's not just the downlink discs as it did on previous fw's ! i will continue to monitor give it a fair test. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 110

Not upgraded firmware yet but this is the kost stable I've had these. The only thing I've fone is not change ssid.  Can't see why it should matter but wondered if others have always changed theirs  

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 110

I’ve never bothered changing the SSID so can’t know if this an issue?
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 110

Oh dear @foz not a great start. Personally I think it’s time for BT to swap our unreliable discs for a newer product as gesture of good will…. After all we’ve all been Alpha testers this past year for free now and we still don’t have a working final firmware !!
Message 17 of 110

As far as I am aware the new WiFi 6 disc (grey disc's) uses this firmware, premium = SGA B 20832C, grey wifi 6 = SGA C 20832C as per title! There was a chap in previous thread has both premium and wifi 6 grey discs and confirmed they both use this firmware so hardware must be simliar and both have same issues so don't think about running out and buying the wifi 6 as you'll be just as disappointed. 

Happy for bt to exchange them for grey ones 

Message 18 of 110

Looks like there's still problems with this firmware - I sayed on 822C as that was the most stable but still only lasted 5-6 days before starting to reboot the router connected disc.

@foz does you clearing of the data still temporarily fix the issue.

I managed to get hold of 3 of the BT Whole discs to test (not premium).  They have been faultless - up solidly for two weeks - had a power cut in the middle but discs simply came back online.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 110

Surprisingly (NOT) BT never replied back to my question asking if this data can be cleared from browser interface (not just app)! So I've never had chance to test this theory, I've always changed SSID also re-a few post above.
The old bt discs work great 97 days uptime on mine currently and that would have been a power cut I bet, they never miss a beat the old discs, thats why I purchased these premium discs thinking they would were an update on old ones but how wrong was i ?
Message 20 of 110

eero 6 has been faultless too. 

0 Ratings