cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 110

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C Early Adopter now live

Unfortunately this early adopter release still hasn’t fixed the problem that was introduced a few releases ago and prevents streaming services from working reliably.

On some of my televisions I can see that they repeatedly lose and regain the Wi-Fi connection even though the app shows that the discs and televisions have excellent signal strength.

Thankfully I have never suffered from the repeated reboots that other users have experienced.

Please can BT introduce the ability to rollback by more than one firmware release so that I can revert to the version that worked reliably for me for years?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 110

richardar1969 that's strange, that's all mine get used for, i run a router VLAN with theses premium discs for my IoT network, the only time i see these fail on any streaming device is when the master (downlink disc) reboots.  

If not already done so screenshot all settings do a factory reset & setup fresh would be my advise.

Check signal strength to ensure there not dropping connection, another thing to check that they are not hoping from 2.4 to 5.0 ghz, this caused me issues with a bedroom echo 5 lighting up the bedroom from display off command in the middle of the night, only after exchanging 2 units what i believed to be faulty with amazon did i check logs and see this was the cause jumping from 2.4 to 5 or vice versa

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 110

Downlink disc rebooted again!!

This downlink rebooting disc issue may have something to do with stored logs/data, after mine rebooted its no longer generating logs again on that particular disc!

I ask again 3rd time BT....... can the logs be cleared from PC via browser window as anther member has suggested clearing logs fixes the issue but i don't use the mobile app as he suggested, so can the logs be cleared from any secret menu in browser please? 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 110

Hi Foz,

No, the Data Usage stats cannot be reset using the GUI, to do this you will need to use the app.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 110

Thanks for letting me know 👍 

Does this actually work (cleaning usage stats) does it stop the rebooting of the master disc?

BT stayed very quiet about this issue that most seem to suffer from.

If this works why not simply set a cron to run the clear logs command every night say 2am?

Just after a stable system that as yet you (BT) have not provided.

Message 26 of 110

Easiest  solution is a toggle like almost every other device that lets you turn logging on or off.

Yes obviously turning logging off would mean no stats etc but if it gives a system that works then it must be considered.

Message 27 of 110

I've been following the threads about Premium Whole Home since April 2020 because we suffered the intermittent interruptions of disk 1. In our case the interruptions were eliminated by version SGAB20400A . Version SGAB205018 was a bit problematic but the system has been completely stable since SGAB20400A and had no problems with either SGAB20832C or SGAB208326. The only problems we had were a couple of interruption of the Virgin cable service the needed a complete restart of the system.
I believe that people with problems may be a minority, else this thread will be overwhelmed with complains.
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 110

Well I have had the NEW grey WiFi 6 disks for 5 months . I Have 5 disks 

All worked ok until the last update now they reboot at least 3-5 times a day. When they do everything reverts to the master disk then takes hours for the distribution of devices to spread out.

Some devices need rebooting to connect again

Its a nightmare. I spent nearly £600 thinking i was upgrading from the original WW system (had 6 disks and works ok) 

If i could revert back to the old software or at least expect a speedy resolution 

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 110

@ DarkEnergy

I have often wonder why this thread is not bursting with complaints in all honesty, MAYBE we are the only ones with these issue (i doubt it but possible) i have run the original discs for years so nothing new to me. 

I have factory reset my disc's again today, set up with mobile app this time not pc ui (never done before), so now i see the data usage, i will try and remember to reset this each night to see how long it can stay up without the master rebooting.

I have also switched the master (downlink) disc with the wireless BH slave that never dropped off previously.

Set up: Changed SSID and Wi-Fi password, changed admin password, change to fixed free/clear channels on both bands, disabled WPS and auto firmware update, enabled early release. 

Time will tell..........

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 110

Good luck @foz.. if this is a winning combination I may follow in your footsteps… for now, holding firm on 822C as it least I have stability for 24-48 hours between reboots and there is no way to revert back to 822C at present due the restoration restrictions to n-1 in the GUI
0 Ratings