cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 110

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C Early Adopter now live

Downlink disc rebooted again!! After clearing logs every 24 hrs
I had also previously switch this disc around with one from wireless backhaul & factory reset so definatly not a hardware issue with 1 disc rebooting, it's always the master disc the one that states on pc (not in app) downlink in status discs as I've said before this does not mean primary disc

As a matter of Interest, does this rebooting issue only happen to people using more than one disc with Ethernet backhaul ? 

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 110

I have the new Grey WIFI6 disks and only one is hardwired to my router. That one seems solid. Its the wireless 4 others that reboot at least twice a day each 

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 110

The one that kept rebooting for me was the one connected to router. I don't use ethernet to any other disc. I'm still sticking with the WiFi home discs and they are so much more reliable
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 110

My discs upgraded to the latest 20832C firmware automatically a fortnight back while I was away.  Upon returning to them, one had failed to upgrade and had a solid red LED.  I rebooted and for some reason the system then reported itself as a new installation and required me to setup the disks fresh.  Slightly annoying, but not too onerous.

I’ve now had almost 7 days of perfect performance, no reboots and no issues.  My system is running Wi-Fi backhaul only, the only Ethernet connection is a single connection from the router to the primary/downlink/master disc - this never changes for me and is always the same device.  I turned on 160Mhz backhaul and left all other settings at their defaults.  I’m running 6 discs, grey wifi6 and white premium, but by no means stressing them with devices or throughput at the moment.

Perhaps anyone experiencing issues (or with an equally stable system) can compare their setup and report back to the forum, the cause of issues must be around different features and configuration used, and there is probably a common denominator.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 110

@foz 

As suggested I did a full factory reset yet again and set everything up from scratch but still can’t reliably use tv streaming apps.

Disc signal strengths are all -55 to -70 and device signal strengths similar. The further the disc from the master, the worse the performance. On those closer to the master I can sometimes stream HD content with occasional dropouts but those furthest away even buffer SD yet for 2 years until the recent flurry of software updates they all used to stream UHD reliably. Running a speed test from my phone when connected to each of the discs shows the full 40Mb/s that I would expect, although the test may not be long enough or smart enough to identify occasional glitches that could upset my TVs.

I must be quite fortunate as I have never experienced the rebooting master disc in the 2+ years that I have had my four disc system.

My system comprises a BT Smart Hub 2 and 2 twin packs, so during installation the SSID has to be changed on two discs to match the other pack.

It has been two months since BT Support escalated my case to their second line support team and I have heard nothing.

While reading the user manual I did notice that the discs have a 3 year guarantee so I am now considering returning them as unfit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 110

I've experienced these discs appear to factory reset themselves twice now. I wake up in the morning and the discs are broadcasting the original SSID, settings are reverted (e.g. device names forgotten, priority devices, backhaul bandwidth setting). The app says it's a new network and goes down the initial set up journey.

When this has happened I factory reset the discs again using the button on the back of the discs.

After factory re-setting the discs I went to look in the logs in the web view. I found there were log entries dating back into November (i.e. before I had factory reset the discs). Upon checking the WHW app, no data usage was shown in day or week view (as expected because I had just set the disc up with only my phone connected) but there were entries in the month view. In disc view, data was shown for discs that were switched off that hadn't been set up since the factory reset.

So it would seem the factory reset is not correctly clearing all the data, which is concerning, but I wonder if that is what is causing some of my stability woes.

Screenshot_20211215-092356.pngScreenshot_20211215-092334 (1).pngScreenshot_20211215-092346 (1).pngScreenshot_20211215-092350 (1).png

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 110

Not 100% yet but may have found the problem of rebooting master disc.

Seems when the static lease is renewed its causing what looks like kernel panic in the logs thus causing/forcing a reboot.

Since changing the 1440m lease to infinite on the Premium disc's IP's its not rebooted as yet!  (still early days)

Will report back if this is 100% the issue and fix after further testing.  Fingers crossed people!

Message 38 of 110

Ill give that a try - still on 822C👍
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 110

@foz - where is that setting or is it missing on 822C
0 Ratings
Message 40 of 110

Sorry for confusion, the settings are in the router. (dnsmasq)

I will post more info if this indeed fixes it, time will tell, i maybe barking up the wrong tree yet