cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 120

Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C now live

Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C now live

SGAB20832C and SGAC20832C have been made available as of 8th February 2022.

Changes since SGAB/C208326:

• Fixed occasional primary disc random reboots
  • System stability improvements

Important Upgrade Advice for Premium Whole Home Wifi Customers:-

For those on an older version than 822C you will not be able to upgrade directly to 832C, therefore you will need to first update your discs to SGAB20822C before having access to any further updates, including this release.

General upgrade advice:

• After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for a few hours to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning orange and blue and short drops in connection.  If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have a good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to change its layout or network configuration

If the new firmware is not working as you’d like, try powering off/on all the discs at the socket and allow them to reconnect and settle.  If you still need help afterwards, come back to us, here on Community, or contact the Helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or email btconnectedhome@bt.com so that we understand your issue and help fix it.

0 Ratings
119 REPLIES 119
Message 2 of 120

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C now live

Is this the early adopter version now released as stable release?

Seems to be the same firmware number unless i am mistaken

Message 3 of 120

That's correct Foz, the update is now available to all users rather than only those that have opted in to the Early Adopter programme.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 120

My WH6 discs are at firmware SGAC208224 (I was a WH6 trialist) from your post it suggests, to me, that my firmware desperately needs an update! Repeated attempts to update don’t appear to work do you have any thought on which firmware  my devices should be running now? I wondering if my devices are not updating due to them being part of the pre-release trial/firmware.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 120

See op above:

For those on an older version than 822C you will not be able to upgrade directly to 832C, therefore you will need to first update your discs to SGAB20822C before having access to any further updates, including this release.

Please note, if you use adblocker or pi-hole try disabling before you try to update firmware.

Also on older firmware you may need to reboot system first then try again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 120

For the benefit of viewers, auto update wasn’t working. I disabled auto-update, restarted the system, did a manual firmware update & it worked loading 832C immediately.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 120

Any one had problems with this 832C. Im holding back updating till a few come back with comments 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 120

This was released in November for early release/beta testing, a few people had issues with master rebooting but not so many seem to be reporting any further issues since.

You can always roll back if required.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 120

The master reboot is still happening, unfortunately other discs are also intermittently losing connections & mine are all on backhaul. To be honest the WH6, from my experience over the last year, is very unreliable & unstable.

This was reported many times during the trials and was never effectively resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 120

OP: "For those on an older version than 822C you will not be able to upgrade directly to 832C, therefore you will need to first update your discs to SGAB20822C before having access to any further updates, including this release."

I just bought 2x 3 packs and have them all connected together and working...until I tried a firmware update without reading this first 😞

Brand new out-of-the-box they were all on SGAC208008

Now the App says 'one or more updates failed' and it transpires that 5 are still on that version (thankfully including the master connecting to the hub) but one is now on SGAC20832C and in the android app says it is "incompatible firmware" and shows no details...which is odd as it has a solid blue light and shows as fine when i look in the browser interface on my 'master' whole-home-6 unit connected to the hub.  I believe that no whole home unit of any type can be updated individually, and that you can never choose a specific firmware version to update to because both the app and the web interface just scan and tell you the next newest one from BT silently with no choices.

So:
1. if i really do still need to go via "SGAB20822C before having access to any further updates" how on earth do I do that?

2. If I don't need the intermediate firmware step , how do i
either:
a) fix the "incompatible" unit stuck on then newest firmware version on its own back to the same old version as the others?
or:
b) force all the other 5 devices up to this newest version of firmware so they are all the same?

The difficulty in either a) or b) is that given that neither the android app nor the browser firmware update options work anymore and say a version of "There was a problem completing the firmware check. Please try again in a few minutes."  which I assume is because one is joined but 'incompatible' and breaking the automation?

Whilst I do appreciate self-healing, auto-updating IT systems you can just 'forget about'  it is incredibly frustrating when something like this happens and you can't just stick the offending device direct Ethernet connected to a laptop and download and run a firmware update tool to forcibly 'right-grade' the device to the firmware version of your choice.

All information, help, suggestions very gratefully received via this forum 😄

Thanks in advance
M

0 Ratings