cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 120

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C now live

Please BT sort these Premium disc firmware out, again i am getting wrong password on certain devices yet it allows other devices to connect (obviously the password is correct) only way i seem to be able to fix this issue is with a reset on all discs.

From memory the last Beta firmware was in November 2021  (9 months ago), you said it was being worked on months ago THIS IS A JOKE !!! 

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 120

It looks like BT have given up on the “wholehome 6” system, when it works it’s excellent but unfortunately it rarely works. I have 4 discs, 2 are packed in the boxes and the two actually powered up are rarely used as they’re so bloody unreliable.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 120

I sent my Whole Home Premium discs back for a refund last year because of these problems. I just received a special offer from BT Shop for a Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 system at £100 off, so I checked back here to see what the state of play is and I think I'll pass on that offer.

Message 34 of 120

@tonyw1 

Funnily enough I got that email too and thought must be a new version of discs coming out.

I don’t understand why BT have seemingly abandoned customers, things were starting to look positive with that last software update but then nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 120

Nothing changed, no new firmware not even beta release, Nov 21 last beta release I think it was without looking back, seems bt in no rush to fix these issues. I suspect they think due to lack of complaints on this forum that majority of discs work well without issues. It's always seemed odd to me that this forum is not full of reported issues with these discs rebooting etc etc etc so maybe we are just the unlucky ones?
Message 36 of 120

So,  my PREMIUM 3 disc set up is stable or appears so.  I am on old firmware SBAB20822A.  Auto update has been turned off for a good while hence the old version ( and maybe a system that works?).  Questions then please, and it would be really nice if BT would offer answers?

• My system is stable but on old firmware.  Should I upgrade  to SGAB20832C albeit with a manual command or am I going to regret it and cause myself a whole load of pain, and wish I had left it as it is?
  • If I do decide to upgrade, it reads as though I would have to do an interim upgrade before upgrading to the SGAB20832C latest firmware/How on earth do I achieve that? 
  • If I decide not to upgrade, how long will my system continue to work OK on old firmware? 
  • NB I am a BT Smarthub2 user on FTTP. 

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 120

Your system will continue to work as it did on old firmware.

I tried updating to the latest firmware(s) and like many others found many problems with the system being unstable and either rebooting itself or needing manual intervention.

Rolled back to SGAB20822C (which I believe is the interim upgrade you are referring to) and have no problems with a system that is stable and working, the only ever time it gets restarted now is if it decides to change the channel for the backhaul connection as I find it gives a slightly worse connection strength.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 120

How did you perform the roll back?

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 120

http://mybtdevice.home/2.0/gui/rollback.htm

or replace mybtdevice.home with your master disc ip

Good luck

*** Any ETA BT on Beta Firmware? I asked months ago, you said it was being worked on then, i am shocked how long we have gone again without any security patches added let alone the issues that needed ironing out, please let us know when this is likely to drop. ***

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 120

I have 4 (expensive) discs sat in my cupboard awaiting a firmware update to provide some reliabilty, until that time they are not only taking up space they’re depreciating in value.

Can someone from Bt tell us if if there are any plans to update (upgrade) the firmware as i would like to either use them or dispose of them sooner than later.