cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 120

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C now live

Thanks for your input @foz. I completely agree with you.

Actually what made me create an account and report my issues was a post from you some time ago expressing exactly that idea. 

I ended up doing a hard reset to all my disks (again) and swapping my primary disk for another to see if that helps. Unfortunately, I can't change my router lease line to infinite, because the BT SmartHub2 only allows a max of 21 days for the lease line.

Don't know if there is another way without the need to buy a router that supports that feature, which I think I should not do because BT should resolve the firmware issues instead. I already wasted a lot of money on this solution ( 6 disks ) and if it was today I would pick another well-known solution in the market. This was the consequence of being a former BT employee. Very disappointed!!! 😞 at the end of the day, the speed is not so great compared for example with Amazon eero. I can't get more than 450Mbps via Wifi with the BT solution and easily get 650Mbps with amazon eero (non-pro version ). 

Now I'm just stuck doing hard resets often, always worried about losing access to my home cameras when I'm abroad because the network just fails on me constantly.

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 120

To perfectly honest (From another ex-Bt employee who has given up on the WH6) rather than mess around with the WH6 discs a far more effective solution is to use a second hand SmartHub 2 (with backhaul plus DHCP disabled) as a wifi extender. This has proven far more effective than WH6 and costs less than £20.

Message 53 of 120

The only issue with using old routers as Access Point is the device steering, meaning unless your very lucky with overlap you can be stood next to an AP but still be connected to another AP further away until it drops singal or you manually disconnected it.

I live in a 3 story building, the BTWH1 discs  i could walk down stairs and you could see in disc ui the mesh system steered to the strongest signal disc. Although the premium discs have never handed off as well as the Btwh1 set they will still hand off. 

I find it ridiculous after you spent hard earned money out that you've had to resort to going back to AP's due to the lack of fixes pushed by BT for this product, it's about time this got sorted, 12 months between firmware releases leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 120

Hi All,

Please be assured, the issues seen in previous versions of firmware are being actively investigated and solutions developed.  As soon as we are happy with the quality of the release we will announce it in this forum.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 120

On 27th May 22 (in this thread) Murry B reported that new firmware was being tested, now on 2 Nov 22 "actively investigated and solutions developed" ?

Thanks John, for reporting this however how long does it take? 5+ Months and still no release not even beta? 

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 120

5 weeks later and still nothing...

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 120

Well, after 18 month of random connectivity with no comment from the support teamI have reluctantly given up. Disposed of the Wh6 3 pack and now have one add-on unit left. If anyone want it (cheap) let me know.

Cheers & I hope you long suffering users will get an update to the firmware soon.

Over and out!

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 120

Any further news on the release date for this new firmware that should be absolutely perfect for everyone after the 14 months (so far) in development? LOL

This is a joke John... i know you can only report what your told but back in May it was announced it was being worked on then still nothing.

Today my BT premium discs (or at least one node)  lost the wireless password and wouldn't auth a client, had to factory reset system and set up again from fresh.

It was broadcasting the correctly configured SSID yet it seem to have reset the password to the default one.

This firmware can't come quick enough..... i have stuck with these only because we had the same teething issues back in the day with BTWH 1 discs, yet now these BTWH are brilliant over 100+ days uptime and no issues ever,  yet i wish i had never purchased these BT premium disc after the lack of development on the firmware. How many firmware releases since these were sold? Its just a joke not even one firmware update a year on a system that cost over £500.

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 120

John next week it will be 3 months since you stated "Please be assured, the issues seen in previous versions of firmware are being actively investigated and solutions developed. As soon as we are happy with the quality of the release we will announce it in this forum". Any News please? I am getting very frustrated with these premium discs requiring resetting.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 120

So I've asked twice, NO answer, so I'll try a third and final time, ANY NEWS PLEASE ON THE NEW FIRMWARE ?????

0 Ratings