cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 120

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C20832C now live

What a joke this firmware development is.....

I've finally had enough. No replies to my 3 previous posts, seems the forum Mods aren't even interested in fixing these issues, Mods happy to report firmware is being worked on back in May & November 2022 (from memory) now Mid Feb 2023 and nothing. 

One word BT: Embarrassing !! 

Message 62 of 120

@foz 

I admire your perseverance on this. completely agree this is embarrassing and brand reputation destroying when it comes to these products, who is going to buy when products aren’t supported.

BT clearly tried to do too much with Premium / Hybrid 6 and when the issues stacked up it was bury head in sand time. If only they copied the good old reliable original WholeHome and just updated the hardware each time they’d of had a winner.

Having had all three versions Premium / Hybrid 6 are only good enough to be sent for electrical waste disposal. 

Message 63 of 120

Hi All,

We are continuing to develop and test the next firmware update for the BT Premium Whole Home Wifi and Whole Home Wifi 6 discs. Once the firmware has been tested and deemed ready for the Beta programme we will inform users on this forum.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 120

So... in May22 it was written it was under development, now 9 Months on it's still in development and then It's going to be released in Beta to test when its deemed ready OMG.....! What developer takes this long to edit code? Starting from ground up would take less time.
I got to call BS on this. Sorry.
Message 65 of 120

I can really understand your frustration with this @foz.

I am so sorry that we haven't been able to give you a date yet.

We are in touch with the developers, it's 100% being worked on.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 120

I understand you can only report on what your being told DanielS, not saying you guys are making it up, but I question the information your getting bud as BS.

We were told the same rubbish last year after 12 months in development and look at the rubbish fw they pushed. Issues with the master reboots etc.

Let along the Ethernet backhaul it was advertised as having from day 1 that took 2 years to get a fix for.

It's about time (in my opinion) BT changed developers to someone that can actually do there job!

I am sure the developer bangs it together a day before Beta release.

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 120

Either:

1) the development lifecycle is glacially slow (Have BT ever heard of "Agile"? How much development resource is being deployed on this?)

or

2) nothing is actually happening, but there are occasional "we're working on it" messages being tossed to the customers to try to keep us placated.

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 120

Can you please confirm that these discs are now being abandoned by BT? You website was displaying them as discontinued. If this is the case, is this why the firmware updates are not being released? It seems to me that that we have been sold a dud/lame duck product by BT which does not work and is 100% waste of money. I'd never touch BT services or it's products ever again and will recommend to everyone that I know to do the same.

Message 69 of 120

Over 12 months since this version firmware was realised as supposing being a stable version. During that period No beta released. BT its unacceptable to leave your customers with this junk firmware / product for this long. 

I am now looking to replace these discs after another random reboot last night, I've given up any hope in new firmware arriving, after 3 moderator posts over this last 12 month (for all to see and read) saying its being developed will arrive its being worked on etc yet nothing still. 

Message 70 of 120

I think there's not enough money in Whole Home for BT. I'm always getting Complete Wi-Fi pushed on me but for the £11 extra on my account over the 2yr contract that costs way more than the Whole Home and Premium versions (and the WH6 when was last in stock and on offer) and I wouldn't own them or have the flexibility of using them with another provider.

Therefore in my opinion they're not too interested in developing any upgrades to hardware or firmware.

0 Ratings