cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: Premium & Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 SGAB/C208426 Early Adopter Release now live

Master disc crashed/rebooted again after 4 hours. Unplugged now and back to the v1 discs. Complete garbage, not impressed especially with the cost of these discs 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

I’m a week or so late joining this party,  but finally installed the latest firmware version today.  The web server and app on my master disk had ceased working with the previous version, so I took the decision to factory reset the system and start fresh rather than upgrade the entire configuration.

The master disk upgraded fine using the web interface and was found by the iOS app.  Hereafter I added each subsequent Wi-Fi 6 and premium disks individually, one-by-one.  I noticed that each time I added a new disk using the iOS WholeHome app+WPS button that the master disk would crash and reboot.  Thereafter once it was back up again the newly added disk would eventually present itself as a new disk sporting the latest firmware which it upgraded automatically without me intervening.

This occurred each time I added a new disk via the iOS WholeHome app.  It was annoying but not a deal breaker, now that they’re all added and upgraded I’ll not need to repeat this process anyhow.  The system is now sitting stable and working with one Wi-Fi 6 disk connected directly to to the router, running as the master, with a further two Wi-Fi 6 disks  and four Premium disks connected via Wi-Fi.

I’ll leave this running for a week or so to evaluate stability, then try connecting the backhaul of the weakest signal disks via Ethernet, my ultimate aim to combat thick walls.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

An update…

It’s now three weeks since updating my disks to this latest firmware.  To recap, I factory reset each disc individually before upgrading and did a clean install.  I’m running three WiFi6  black discs and four Premium white.

For the first two weeks I let the discs run on Wi-Fi backbone, no Ethernet plugged in at all.  Six of the discs worked fine throughout, one however rebooted three times with a few days between.  In fairness, I wasn’t fully convinced that I’d actually factory reset this disc when setting up, so I removed it from the mesh, did the factory reset and re-added it, it’s been fine since.

After two successful weeks I connected three discs by Ethernet, chained from the master, leaving the remaining three on Wi-Fi backhaul.  These reconfigured their mesh connection automatically and have operated flawlessly for a week now, not even a glitch wrong.

Another fault fixed, I notice that the discs and devices now export their connection type (Ethernet/Wi-Fi) correctly, previously this was a bit random.

21 days uptime and counting.

This is definitely the most stable firmware to date, it was slow coming but definitely a much appreciated update.  No faults or issues to report so far.

Kev.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Hi John

Given problems with our smarthub 2 coverage with 6 wifi discs (non ethernet) we were upgraded to Smart hub 3 with new discs. The current setup is one wifi disc ethernet connected and two others using wifi which solves the speed and coverage issues. We have had a wifi engineer out to help setup however the kit was pretty new and he had not seen before.

The issue we have is after a day or more the wireless on the iphones and macs stop connecting to two of the discs and when you reset the discs and start from scratch the same happens a day or so later. It is pot luck if you can forget network on the phone to reset as it is not even connecting and when you can forget and try and connect with the password it returns incorrect password.

I have tried with only two discs on wifi only after resetting the system but to no avial. I have also turned off private address on the iphones and that does not cure the issue.

Yesterday After 30 hours  of resetting the wifi discs my new iphone wouldnt connect to anything but the hub. When i tried the laptop it asked for the password again before any reset was done which i entered. then suddenly the phones connected to the wifi discs without turning on/off or resetting. 

This is very frustrating as its daily... should i try adjusting the hub to different wpa settings or modes or perhaps add the device addresses/ports to help ?

Best regards

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Unfortunately after several weeks of stability - my system crashed last night and three of the four disks (which are connected by ethernet) are showing the dreaded 'Firmware Incompatible' error. This firmware is definitely an improvement as previously I couldn't go more than a few days without a reset but there are clearly still some lingering issues. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

... just had a look at the logs and my master disks seems to have changed (was previously the disk in the lounge but now switched to the study). Had a look at the logs for the lounge and it has this message over and over again:

2023-08-16 10:38:37 | 6 | MGMT | 721 | Master election completed. New role: slaveroot.

2023-08-16 10:38:37 | 6 | MGMT | 701 | WiFi Smart Handover configuration sync successful

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

I gave up after master rebooted after about 2 weeks of this firmware, I've switched to unifi ac pro's & they've never missed a beat, had to turn power down on top floor to get smooth handoffs but now it just works. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Foz

Looking for possible alternatives to the wifi complete plus discs with a smarthub 3 router wifi 6 if my issues are not fixed

Are the unifis all connected with ethernet and have their own wifi or could one be ethernet and others in a daisy chain connected by wifi to teach other with the unify connected by ethernet as the main ?

Not sure if i should be buying a mesh system and have the router acting as a modem only

Best regards

Nick

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

The units i purchased were 3 x used UAP AC PRO's are Ethernet backhaul only, they do have an ethernet out although i've not used or tested this.

However they do a mesh (Wireless Backhaul) disks you can mix and match AC with AX also etc.

The only restriction i am aware of if using mesh BH you can only have max 4 x SSID's from the nodes, you can have 8 SSID's if using Ethernet BH. I choose unifi because i use  Vlans and i can now do what i wanted with this system.

I use my NAS to host the unifi controller on, however if i were to buy new i think i would look at the Zyxel range, simply because they give free cloud hosting for there controller and seem to do the same features as Unifi.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Thanks Foz
0 Ratings