cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felixLEpage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Problem with bt mini wifi dropping out

I have been running a bt flex 500 wifi hotspot x2 without issue for a few years. Using them for wi-do and wired gaming off hotspot. In recent days the connection lights were red on base and hotspots would be slow then drop out. Thought maybe the bt gear had come to the end of its life so replaced with bt 600 mini wifi-kit, same problem, initially can start up, slow, then drops out. Anyone else solved this problem? Btw on the day this first happened had a power cut, but this is not unusual as I live in a remote location and has never caused a problem previously.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
felixLEpage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem with bt mini wifi dropping out

So I've tried all the resetting faqs etc etc and nothing seems to solve it might get a connection but it soon drops away and data light disappears on extender connected to hub...have put one hotspot in double plug adjacent extender and that seems to work fine...therefore am I to assume something has changed with the wiring that is not allowing me to use hotspots elsewhere in the house albeit they worked fine previously for about 3 years!
0 Ratings
felixLEpage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Have had no work done to wiring or plugged in anything different, everything seems to still work as it did before off the sockets...although a couple of times when I plugged in the hotspot it didn't light up at all, but came back to life later?!
0 Ratings
felixLEpage
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

As I say we did have a power cut at the beginning of the week but get them all the time and never caused an issue before
0 Ratings