cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MATTHEWATLANT0S
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Problems with BT home hub 6 connecting to internet.

Go to solution

Hello,

I am having problems connecting to the internet using BT home hub 6, the hub has started to loose connection to the internet, but today the hub has had real problems connecting to the internet, every couple of minutes the blue light on the hub would change to orange and then start to flash orange then stay on orange then charge to blue, and also I am get a vey back cracking sound on the phone then the hub is switch on, so I have switch the hub off and unplugged all the cables from the back of the hub and used a air can to remove all the dust from hub, since doing this it has so far fixed the connection problem with the hub, but the problem I am now facing is the  cracking sound on the phone.  

Any help would be appropriated

thanks 

Matthew

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Problems with BT home hub 6 connecting to internet.

Go to solution

Try quiet line test from test socket  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone 

If crackle still present then report phone fault to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
MATTHEWATLANT0S
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Problems with BT home hub 6 connecting to internet.

Go to solution

Hello,

I am emailing you to say thank you for your help the problem is now fixed BT sent an engineer out to my property and he found a faulty piece of hardware in the green box and he replaced it and now the problem has gone.

thanks again for your help

thanks 

Matthew

0 Ratings