cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Problems with "new" BT Converse 1300

Go to solution

I've just plugged in a "new" BT Converse 1300 which has been sitting in a cupboard shrink-wrapped for a few years. Incoming calls cannot be received, outgoing calls cannot be made without disconnecting and re-connecting the phone line every time, and it is impossible to hang up to attempt re-dialling or end a call. The Standby display featuring the clock and indicating 'all looks normal' never appears. The phone line has been tested with another phone and it works fine.

Any idea what the problem with the phone might be?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problems with "new" BT Converse 1300

Go to solution

Hi @itm60 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, the Converse 1300 needs a separate power supply. Have you plugged in the phone or are you using batteries? If the batteries are old they may need to be replaced.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I've tried both (brand new) batteries and a power supply - neither resolve the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@itm60 it, unfortunately, sounds like it could be faulty. Have you tried doing a factory reset?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

I did try the button sequence for a 'memory reset' last night, but the telephone then wasn't appearing to recognise it as a command and it made no difference to anything. This afternoon I plugged everything back in again and it is magically working.

???

Thanks for your assistance!

0 Ratings