cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Q re upgrade from Fibre 2 to Halo 3 (router)

Go to solution

I am considering an end-of-contract offer from Fibre 2 to Halo 3. I currently have the HH6. My understanding was that I would not get another router.

However, during the online upgrade process, on the installation page, I see "Because you've got BT Halo and our Smart Hub 2, you'll get a Home Tech Check." Does that mean I will be sent the Smart Hub 2? I don't plan to have a Home Check.

I ask mainly because my HH6 is playing up (e.g. it loses connection with the printer and needs a reboot to see it again.) If I stay with BT I would probably want to buy another router so I might be as well looking for broadband elsewhere. I don't need Halo3+.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Q re upgrade from Fibre 2 to Halo 3 (router)

Go to solution

Your broadband package will still be fibre 2 and halo is an add on which you can decide to have or not. You will not get a SH2 just for a normal renewal but will if you select halo add on as shown here.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.