cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 3 of 6

Re: BT Mini Connectors - no data light

Hi. Different issue hopefully you can help.

My 3 connectors are all setup and working except one regularly disconnects, data light goes out, then turns red, then turns blue. This happens every 10-15 minutes or so. The system is all brand new, all BT, setup on Monday.

Obviously this is very frustrating when I randomly disconnect from work meetings.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6

Re: BT Mini Connecter Disconnects

This is simply not true.

I recently switched to BT from Sky and was using TP Link powerlines perfectly fine. Now that we're on BT we have received 3x Mini Connectors all setup, connected with a brand new smarthub... (let me guess... factory reset still applies to brand new hardware???) and the Mini Connectors consistently drop and reconnect.

Please provide a solution before we have to switch to a competent ISP.

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT powerline adapter disconnecting

I too have this problem... except I only use BT Mini Connectors on a new installation of BT internet and hardware (setup 3 days ago).  Despite only using one brand of powerline adaptors this problem still persists which, in your words, "by process of elimination" means that it is a problem with the BT hardware.

We had TP Link adaptors setup previously on Sky broadband... absolutely no issues with those so it isn't a "fault with the mains" as suggested in another thread.

Any suggestions? These Mini Connectors are almost twice the price of other powerline adaptors yet they don't work.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Try turning off Smart Setup  What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help

If that doesn't work then yes, a factory reset on a new issue hubs has been know to resolve certain problems, just be advised that Smart Setup will need to be turned off again as a factory reset re-enables it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Transitory wrote:

This is simply not true.

I recently switched to BT from Sky and was using TP Link powerlines perfectly fine. Now that we're on BT we have received 3x Mini Connectors all setup, connected with a brand new smarthub... (let me guess... factory reset still applies to brand new hardware???) and the Mini Connectors consistently drop and reconnect.

Please provide a solution before we have to switch to a competent ISP.

So why not use the TP Link powerlines?

Message 6 of 6

@Transitory Rather than spraying your question over a multitude of other posts where answers will get missed, I have consolidated your posts on a new thread. Please stick to this thread with this topic.