cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: Need to replace the mains power supply

Go to solution

I wanted to create a new topic reference the power supply lead for the ONT because mine involved a failure of the power supply itself. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to create any topics, so I'll post it here because it's still sort of relevant.

So I woke up the other morning to no internet. I'm in a new build house, only been in a couple of months. FTTP only, Huawei ONT with Huawei branded power supply. It didn't take long to establish that the plug in wall power supply itself had failed.

Phoned BT and 36 hours later, engineer arrives and he recognises this is a fault he has come across before and replaces the plug in power adapter with a BT Openreach branded power supply. Problem fixed.

If anyone experiences the same problem, no internet, no lights on the ONT and no other reasonable explanation as to why the internet has gone down and you've asked your next door neighbour if they still have internet, suspect the plug in wall power adapter.

Oh, and well done to Openreach for sorting the issue out as quickly as they could. Telephone support was outstanding.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Go to solution

So if the ONT has no power the power supply might be faulty.

Thanks for the heads up. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

A wiser person might look at your response and believe it to be sarcastic and I can see why lol!

At the end of the day, I didn't know if the ONT had fried itself or not initially. I didn't suspect the power supply immediately, but I managed to find another appliance that the Huawei power supply cord fitted (and I checked the power output was the same) and it didn't work. I then obviously deduced that the power supply was the problem. This all became apparent once the engineer arrived and carried out his own checks.

There will be some folks who perhaps won't put two and two together.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Yep, that's Starwires normal reply. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

IMG_20221124_124007_964.jpg

 simply plug into bt hub 2

0 Ratings