cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Re: SmartHub 2 Broadband cable

Hi.

I have recently upgraded to smart hub 2. However, neither our old cable (red) nor our new cable (yellow) fit. What do I do now

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@Pameladavies7 

Welcome to this user forum.

Which home hub did you have before?

What type of broadband connection do you have, does it come from a phone socket on the wall?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

What are you trying to connect to what? Smart hub2 Ethernet sockets are exactly the same as any other router Ethernet sockets.

Do you have a white Openreach modem connected to your phone socket? If so, it is no longer needed just unplug the grey cable from the DSL socket on the Openreach modem and plug it in the grey DSL socket on the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

My problem is that I only have red or yellow cables.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

We can't offer any help until you answer the questions @Keith_Beddoe  and I have asked.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I am trying to connect to smart hub 2. I have a modem, but no grey cables only red and yellow ones that Bt have sent me, but don’t fit.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Does the modem plug into your phone socket? If it does, you no longer need it, the new hub replaces both the modem and the old hub. As posted previously, just disconnect the grey cable that is in the DSL socket of the modem and plug it into the DSL socket on the new hub.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

If you have FTTP (full fibre to the premises) and you have an optical modem (ONT), then the red cable connects the LAN port on the ONT to the red WAN port on the hub.

Does your modem look like this?

licquorice_0-1590765369600.jpeg

0 Ratings