Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joechin13
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Wholehome Wi-fi

Hi,

I was able to connect to my BT Wholehome Wifi web management at http://mybtdevice.home when I first installed it several months ago. I upgraded the firmware over a month ago (can't remember which version because I dont' have access to the web UI). Since then, I haven't been able to access the web management interface, despite multiple reboots. On my Mac, Chrome says "Your Internet access is blocked", Safari can't open the page "because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection". I also tried Internet Explorer on a Windows 10 laptop, and it simply says "This page can't be displayed". I am able to ping mybtdevice.home but in addition to responses from the IP addresses of the discs, 255.255.255.255 also responded; probably expected behaviour. I also tried accessing the IP address of the interface, but most of the content wouldn't load after entering the password. I tried unsuccessfully to access using iPhone app, with the error messsage "You're not connected to your Whole Home Wi-Fi" which is not true, as I was connected to a Whole Home Wi-Fi SSID and had no problem accessing the Internet from said device.

So, any suggestion on how to diagnose/fix this problem?

Regards,

Joe

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

problem connecting with Wholehome Wi-fi

Hi @joechin13 I've moved your post to create your own thread as the previous thread is resolved. The product experts will be along to help you with your problem.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hi @joechin13

There is a problem with how the friendly URL works with IPv6 which we've identified and will fix in the next firmware release. This is caused by changes to in device behaviour.

In the meantime are you able to disable IPv6 on your device(s)?

Thanks,

Dan-O

Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
joechin13
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

IPv6 has been disabled on my Macbook Pro all along. Just to be sure, I disabled IPv6 and rebooted my Vigor 2925 router. Still cannot access the friendly URL from iPhone app/Macbook/Mac Mini/Windows 10 laptop. Browsers tried: Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer.

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 5 of 5

Have you tried rebooting all the discs using the physical power button and seeing if the problem persists?

Dan-O

Device expertDanO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings