cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 89

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.06 build 11

Hi everybody, 

It’s that time again. We're releasing today new software for your Whole Home Wi-Fi discs. 

What’s new? This version 1.02.06 Build 11, includes the following improvements:

• You can now “Forget” individual offline devices on the App. In combination with the App we released last week

(v1.02.14 or above for Android, 1.02.16 or above for iOS), when you view information about a device, you’ll now see a button to “Forget Device” at the bottom of the screen (restart the App if you don’t see this button after the update). This improves on the “Reset Device List” feature we added in the previous firmware so you now have more choices to keep your device list tidy

• Fixes one last bug that was still causing duplicates or problems with the devices list for some of you
  • Fixes a compatibility  issue with Apple Airprint
  • For the more curious among you, you’ll notice a couple of new options on the disc’s browser interface related to firmware updates. We’ve listened to your feedback and are implementing “Early Adopter” and “Rollback” features. We’ll be in touch later in the future with more details about how you can use these.

Upgrade advice:

• The update will happen automatically within the next few weeks if your discs are set to auto-update on the Whole Home App
  • You can also apply it manually through the App.  If the server is busy when you manually update, please be patient and try another time or day
  • After the update, we recommend you leave your discs for two days to allow them to settle into their configuration
  • During this time your Wi-Fi connection will be working fine, but you may see lights turning amber and blue and short drops in connection. If this happens we recommend not moving your discs or adjusting any settings
  • When your network has settled, you may also notice that the disc layout displayed on the App is different or that your devices connect to a different disc – this is completely normal
  • If you have good internet connection on all your devices, your Whole Home Wi-Fi is working properly so there should be no need to tamper with its layout or network configuration.
  • If it’s not working as you’d like, try powering off/on all of the discs at the socket and allow them to reconnect and settle. If you still need help afterwards, come back to us on this forum, or contact the helpdesk.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
88 REPLIES 88
IanD2
Contributor
Message 2 of 89

I'm on Android app 1.02.14 (13 Sept 2018), with no sign of any update available. Have checked the Google Play store and no update, any ideas ? According to the above, 1.02.16 should be available ?

0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 3 of 89

Hopefully when it says Apple AirPrint it means other Apple services based on Bonjour i.e Airplay and HomeKit too. Will update later and see!

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 4 of 89

@PaddyB  thanks for the update.

What is the current advice on "steering" please, has this changed since build 10? I was in the camp of still having to turn all off in order to avoid discs dropping off the network after about 4 days.

0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 89

I have been moaning about build 10 for a while now having only just purchased BTWHOLEHOME but this update really speaks volumes for customer support. Hopefully it will fix my Apple related issues and I will once again be super happy with my purchase.

Thanks for listening!

0 Ratings
dgilbert2
Expert
Message 6 of 89

opps, subjects should be saying v1.02.06 Smiley Frustrated

My fault Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 7 of 89

@IanD2wrote:
I'm on Android app 1.02.14 (13 Sept 2018), with no sign of any update available. Have checked the Google Play store and no update, any ideas ? According to the above, 1.02.16 should be available ?

Hi, there was an error in the brief (iOS and Android versions were swapped out). PaddyB has now corrected the original post.

You're fine with 1.02.14 on Android.

Device expertBrunoN
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 89

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to add something further to Paddys post about known issues which will be addressed in a future release:

• An ever reducing number of you are still reporting Wi-Fi connectivity issues affecting all devices in their home. We’re continuing to work on further improvements which will be announced in due course. If you’re affected, contact us.
  • Some of you using Apple devices on iOS 11.4 and iOS 12 have reported that – although their Whole Home network is working fine - the App can’t open and throws a connection error message. We’re still working on this issue for a future release. If this happens to you, there’s a number of things you can do which we’ve found resolves it for many:
    • First and foremost, ensure that your phone is definitely connected to your Whole Home Wi-Fi network. Check your phone’s wi-fi settings to confirm the network name, because it’s possible that your phone has automatically connected to another known network by itself without you noticing. Surprisingly enough, we’re finding that many reports we’ve received were actually due to this simple cause, rather than a bug
      • Once you’ve eliminated this simple cause, we’ve found that the following steps often resolve the problem, permanently or at least temporarily:
      • Switch-off all your discs
      • Close down the App
      • Switch-off wi-fi on your phone
      • Now switch discs back on starting with the disc plugged into your router. Wait a few minutes until its light turns solid blue – and staying blue for more than 1 minute.
      • You can now switch all the other discs back on. Wait for all the discs to turn blue (or amber)
      • Now switch wi-fi back on your phone and wait for it to reconnect to your Whole Home network
      • Now open the App
    • If that still doesn’t work, you could install the App on another device with Android or an older version of iOS if you have one, so you can continue to set-up your network whilst we’re working on the fix. Many thanks for your patience.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
jrhop
Contributor
Message 9 of 89

All upgraded smoothly this evening, so far so good, all Apple services running OK, hopefully stays that way! Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 89

All upgraded, Devices renamed and forgotton the non existant devices, 

0 Ratings