cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 61 of 89

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.06 build 11

I cant quite believe that I’m still experiencing issues with my devices, especially iPads just no longer getting an internet connection. What’s weird is that if I put the iPad on the guest network it still gets WiFi. 

Full wifi signal and no internet until I reboot all three of my docs by powering them off via the power button. 

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 62 of 89

Does it connect again if you reset your iPad network setting?
You maybe right to blame the BTWH system but never rule out the possibility without first testing the possibility something could have corrupted your device settings or device os. You may have already tested it i dont konw but to prove a point to myself in cases like this for as long as it would take, i would back up a device eg ipad bang in dfu mode restore firmware set up from ipad as fresh device so just a virgin device then test for a period, once I had made decision just restore the device if its down to BTWH. It may still be the BTWH steering, again its worth testing.
0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 63 of 89

Worth a try, what model of iPad is it and what OS is it running? We have and iPad Air and the 2017 iPad running fine.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 64 of 89

Our 2018 iPad just loves BTWH and never misses a beat.
0 Ratings
Breadmaker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 89

Hi all, I haven't been a following the threads of the latest updates too much, so apologies if this has been answered. But, in the patch notes for this upgrade they mentioned being able to role back the firmware. However i can see how or where this is done. My system has been loosing internet connection recently, without any signs (all lights stay blue). causing me to reset the system on a daily basis at present. So i am hoping to go back to the last firmware, which was alot more stable for me.

For info. I have a 3 WHWifi discs, with each of the remote discs with homeplug backhaul. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 66 of 89

I think this refers to if you opt in to the test firmware you can roll back, not to roll back normal firmware to a previous version.
0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 67 of 89

I would like a official BT comment about this roll back firmware, because the way it read I was also under the impression we could roll back but I have not been able to find this feature. From memory it did state they had listened about firmware roll back and more info to follow, yet no info has followed as I've seen.
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 68 of 89

@Breadmakerwrote:

Hi all, I haven't been a following the threads of the latest updates too much, so apologies if this has been answered. But, in the patch notes for this upgrade they mentioned being able to role back the firmware. However i can see how or where this is done. My system has been loosing internet connection recently, without any signs (all lights stay blue). causing me to reset the system on a daily basis at present. So i am hoping to go back to the last firmware, which was alot more stable for me.

For info. I have a 3 WHWifi discs, with each of the remote discs with homeplug backhaul. 

Thanks in advance.

I know this is a long shot but I would be inclined to remove the backhaul from your homeplugs and make sure your primary disk is plugged directly into the router.

One of the BT experts was telling me that if you have any interference at all on your house wiring then this can cause momentary drops in connection which would be enough to make your devices play up but not necassarily turn the disks red.

As said try the above and use wireless for you devices.  Nothing to be lost be trying.

0 Ratings
wenklaw
Aspiring Expert
Message 69 of 89

@Jim-ladwrote:

@Breadmakerwrote:

Thanks in advance.

I know this is a long shot but I would be inclined to remove the backhaul from your homeplugs and make sure your primary disk is plugged directly into the router.

One of the BT experts was telling me that if you have any interference at all on your house wiring then this can cause momentary drops in connection which would be enough to make your devices play up but not necassarily turn the disks red.

As said try the above and use wireless for you devices.  Nothing to be lost be trying.

Totally agree with Jim-lad, remove the homeplugs as the backhaul.  My homeplugs (not using as the backhaul) provided shoddy speeds, they would also suffer packet loss according to tests i completed, if yours are suffering from packet loss that may well be the cause of your BTWH discs dropping out.  I have since got rid of the powerlines.

I changed a couple of mains plugs to incorporate a USB charging point (not the socket the homplugs used either), all wired in correctly as far as i can see yet if i plug in a device to charge it caused massive disruption to the powerlines performance, basically BT Sport HD would start to break up, pixel, stop etc.  Remove the device and bingo all was well again.  This to me proves that powerlines are really dependant on any interference and quality of the wiring and plugs in your house a even though everything looks fine in terms of the actual plug i installed (did it on 2 different sort of USB/MAINS sockets).  The internet worked still as if there wasnt an issue so I would have been unaware of the problem they were causing if i hadnt tried to watch multicast TV.

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 89

Hi @foz,

To clarify, the Rollback and Early adopters firmware update features mentioned in our release notes at the start of this thread aren’t yet available.

More information will follow when they’re ready. Apologies if this wasn’t so clear in the release notes.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings