cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 89

Re: Wholehome firmware v1.02.06 build 11

The iPad I have issues with is a IPad Pro 12.9 2nd generation, when this happens though my childrens Amazon Fire TV tablets also do the same thing so it is not limited to my iPad alone. I have turned off the band steering in case this is the issue and I am currently at 6 days without an issue. 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 72 of 89

@Stuartdwrote:

The iPad I have issues with is a IPad Pro 12.9 2nd generation, when this happens though my childrens Amazon Fire TV tablets also do the same thing so it is not limited to my iPad alone. I have turned off the band steering in case this is the issue and I am currently at 6 days without an issue. 

It does seem some devices (mainly though not exclusively Apple) do not respond well to 'steering'.  As you are finding disabling this feature often cures the problems.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 73 of 89

Does it steer itself to both 2.4 & 5.0 GHz Bands still?
0 Ratings
SusanAttew
Message 74 of 89

I first installed a 4 disc system in July 18 and other than the occasional restart required the network has worked well.  However over the past 5 days the system is red on with no internet connection.  I have restarted several time since but no success.  Software version v1.02.06 build11.  I can access the app on my iPhoneXsMAX  iOS v 12.0.1.

have had to revert to using BT Smarthub for WiFi throughout the house but struggle in some rooms.

please can you help as system useless at the moment.

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 75 of 89

Just throwing one out here for comment, with being involved with these firmware threads for quite some time now, doesn't it seem strange that alot of people report problems after there first firmware update after receiving the factory discs?
So I suppose a question to BT are these discs updating cleanly or is this just coincidental?
In reply to the previous post above, I would personally recommend disabling your bt hub Wi-Fi, then if your using Apple devices on BT Whole Home system play about with steering menu and find what works best for you.

0 Ratings
graeme_m
Message 76 of 89

I appear to have an issue that is not mentioned elsewhere on the thread; since the Firmware Update to 1.02.06 Build 11 my HP Officejet 8600 printer is now refuses to connect to the BTHW, the issue appears to be because it is receiving responses from multiple access points and will no longer connect. I have tried disabling "All Steering" as suggested elsewhere in the thread but it does not make any difference. Various Apple devices, my laptop and my media streaming are all still working, just the printer has stopped.

I believe the device is WPA (and not WPA2) but it definitely was connected before the upgrade. In the short term I have powered on my old Netgear Access Point so that I can carry on printing. The printer is running the very latest firmware version.

Any thoughts on what I can do to address this would be appreciated.

Graeme

0 Ratings
foz
Aspiring Expert
Message 77 of 89

We'll this thread has gone very quiet BT must think they have fixed all issues now 🙂
0 Ratings
jrhop
Contributor
Message 78 of 89

My setup has been pretty solid, auto updates switched off for time being.
0 Ratings
Breadmaker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 79 of 89

Not here. Still getting regular failures of the internet, with no lights telling me of a problem. But after many iterations of firmware, I have resigned myself to the knowledge that no amount of posting here will fix it any faster. I will just keep rebooting the system until the next firmware.
mikew88
Aspiring Expert
Message 80 of 89

@fozwrote:
We'll this thread has gone very quiet BT must think they have fixed all issues now 🙂

Was thinking the same...most folk must be happy bunnies now. I know I am...

0 Ratings