cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Recent firmware update (7th Sept 2020)

Hi,

Up until yesterday (7th September) my broadband was working perfectly. Today on the 8th Sept pretty much every device has stopped working to some degree. Websites will load only occasionally and after long waits. I cant logon to my work remotely anymore streaming services either dont work or are very sow to start (but fine when they do...). There doesn't seem to be any issues with the line or connection after asking BT support.

I noticed a firmware update on the hub which cant be a coincidence. I've tried disconnecting the router to see if the IP address changes, ive restarted it several times, done a factory reset, and ive turned off and restarted all my devices but nothing has sorted it out yet. 

Bit desperate now as I have to be working from home i NEED my net connection to be stable. Any help would be massively appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Recent firmware update (7th Sept 2020)

Just FYI

I also had a firmware update on the 7th Sept. (Smart Hub v2). Version is now v0.17.01.12312-BT

Fortunately I've seen no problems, but i'd be interested to know what this update contained.

Interestingly, the last update I had caused the hub to drop all the connections and it needed a reboot but this time I didn't even notice it had done it and the hub has now been up for 56 days without a disruption.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

My connection started dropping about a month ago around the time of a firmware update. I tried factory resetting the router and reinstalling the operating system, but the problem persisted. I tried updating all the drivers using 'Driver Booster 7', but still the problem persisted. I noticed that there is a tool available with 'Driver Booster 7' called 'Fix Network Failure'. I ran this and it solved the problem.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

My Disk range extender stopped working overnight 28th to 29th of December 2020. The Smart Hub 2 had a firmware update over night and the range extender now just flashes a blue light. Another Netger range extender I have still works perfectly. I have tried factory resets on the Disk and also connecting with an ethernet cable and nothing seems to work. Prior to this, the Smart Hub 2 and Disk have worked with no problems for 18 months.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

My additional BT disc did exactly that after the last Firmware update in September, although it was ok with this one. The way I sorted it before was to run through the procedure you use when you first get them, i.e. plug them directly into your router using a cat 5 cable, turn them on and wait for them to setup and get a solid blue light (which takes a good 5 minutes). Then I was able to unplug it and put it back where it was before.

0 Ratings